Info Jon Levy / Jons Jungle - please read - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Randy F
Jon Levy / Jons Jungle - please read

I have known Jon for some years now. I purchased snakes from him for the past 7 or 8 years now. I see him at the shows we both vend at, and usually say hi as I look at his animals. It's never really been more than an acquaintance. So I had booked my tables for the Costa Mesa show before it sold out. Jon contacted a friend of mine and asked if we might have room for him to buy one of our tables. I contacted Jon and told him that I would find a way to make it work, and see if I could get an extra table. It worked out so that I got the extra table and we were set. Before going to the show Jon reached out to me to see what I was taking. He did not want to take anything to compete with me since I gave him space. Where I thought that was very classy, I am not a hater and told him to bring whatever he wanted. So this show worked out where I had my son, so it would be his first reptile show ever. After getting set up and the show opening my son sat down to play on his ipad (imagine that!). A little later I look over at him and Jon is sitting with him playing a game. Then after finding out that he loved cars, Jon showed him pictures, told him stories, and spent half the day with him. I have to admit that I would have a hard time leaving my displays to play a game with even my own son. Both Jon and his wife Diana were so incredible to my son. I know so many guys that a great to your face while your spending money and as soon as you walk off are talking crap about you. The animals I have got from Jon over the years are very high quality and I have never had a problem with a single one. Doing trades with him at shows, he has been very fair. You know I would have recommended him to anyone for years on his snakes alone, but what I have seen of the man.....all my son can say is AWESOME! When he spoke to his mom on Skype last night and she asked what he wished he could have brought home from the show he actually said "Jon." Some may call me naive but I would rather do business with someone that I know is truly a good guy with great animals over a jerk with a unbeatable price. I know this isn't a normal boi post about a certain instance with someone, but this is what you don't get to see that deserves said.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
LauraB
Thank you for that very different, refreshing post, after all the (yes, thief, scammer, smuggler) on-going Garrett Smith crap, the Huricane Exotics OP's whiney immature, rude drama and the unfounded, unwarranted "Burned by the Jungle" thread.

It's nice to to see credit given to a good guy doing something that doesn't involve his animals or sales, at a show no less ... just being a decent human being spending time and making a posive impression on another person (even if a youngster) for whom sales/animals are not the primary focus.

Kudos, Jon Levy, for spending time with that kid, recognizing his interests and helping out Randy. Kudos, Randy, for the public credit granted Jon.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:21 AM   #3
Billy1138
I so agree with Laura! It is so refreshing to read this post. The "small" gestures can mean so much.

Thank you for sharing this experience

Old 11-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #4
afflicted
Please provide proof to back your statements. Perhaps your email dialogue prior to the show and video from the expo. Has anyone notified Jon know about this post?

j/k LOL

Old 11-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by afflicted View Post
Please provide proof to back your statements. Perhaps your email dialogue prior to the show and video from the expo. Has anyone notified Jon know about this post?

j/k LOL
Good thing I know Dan is a really good guy to and I always enjoy seeing him as well

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!