Bad Guy Steve Lloyd [Vfxsteve1815] - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #31
dallashawks1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post
It looks to me like Stephen's trying to preemptively assign blame for the mites on "other reptiles" that may or may not have existed alongside his shipment. He's trying to make it seem like the mites are not a result of poor husbandry on his part.
That was my thought exactly and a big red flag went up. But...the snake was already on its way. I was relieved to not find a sign of mites when it arrived. I suspect as previously stated that he was aware of and had treated the animals for mites but wasn't certain of success. Thus the warning. Still, the ad should have been pulled until he was aware that the infestation still existed.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #32
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallashawks1 View Post
Is this the equivalent of PAM and have you used it with success? If so it would be good to know.
I don't know PAM vs. SprayAway, I just know that SprayAway works. From time to time I would buy out collections or get a bad order or live rodents in. This stuff always took care of it, no issues.

Okay. Back to he BOI. My fault, I apologize.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #33
nickolasanastasiou
To add to Robert's helpful post, there is an equivalent RID spray that is in some Walmart stores that might not carry SprayAway. The same active ingredient in the same concentration. If you cannot find the one, you can usually find the other, so you can hit up a 24hr place asap if your work schedule is challenging to get around.

My condolences on the loss of your female.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #34
DavidBeard
Nobody is "taking shots" at you, we are simply using our brains when presented with a problem. If you had questions about the animals' condition before the purchase, why risk it? The only motivation would seem to be money since the seller was offering Womas considerably cheaper than most established/reputable breeders do. If you play with fire and get burned (and have prior knowledge of fire being harmful) then you cannot blame anyone else for your injuries. In this instance, you should've passed and looked elsewhere.

I am not in any way saying the seller is without recourse or responsibility, but as a buyer/caretaker of living animals you owe it to yourself and your existing wards to exercise caution when bringing in new animals.

This is a serious question and not meant to be condescending at all, but do you have any previous experience with Pythons or snakes in general? I only ask because the pictures obviously and quite glaringly present an animal with far more than just a "bad shed." Personally, ignorance is not an excuse in this day and age but I can see how you might not know better if these were your first snakes.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #35
DavidBeard
I'd also like to add that your defensive attitude and already overtly victimized presentation of some of the questions presented here is unfortunately all too common amongst new members of the reptile community. They often display irrational responses to legitimate queries and further alienate themselves from those who they seek counsel from. Theres a reason most of us who have been around the block a few times can be a tad quick to judge or be skeptical, because we've given advice hundreds of times that was ignored by people with major disparities in experience only to see an animal suffer as a result.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #36
Robert Walker
Perhaps for the benefit of readers, as a group we can point out some "signs" that we see in these pictures that something is not right. This may be of benefit to help others avoid a similar situation.

Here are a couple that stand out to me:
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #37
DavidBeard
The green urates are also concerning.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #38
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
The green urates are also concerning.
My apologies. We might have to chalk that one up to me switching between software programs and unintentionally screwing up the colors. You are correct though, green urates are concerning when present.

Here should be a true color copy of the pictures.
Looks like mites to me.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #39
Vfxsteve1815
I feel its only fait to defend myself. I was contacted the day the animals arrived and was told they look good and thank you. I was then contacted almost 3 weeks later and was told that only the female had mites and what to do. I was contacted this past Friday and I emailed right back. Then I was contacted again on Monday and told that the problem had gotten worse, and he asked for a full refund. I told him that I would not offer a refund because it has been 3 weeks and I can not be held responsible for a animal 3 weeks out of my care. Maybe the husbandry on his end was not correct, maybe he didn't give the animal water, maybe he has not fed them. How am I suppose to know what happened to the animals once they leave my care. but I said let me think about it and I will come up with a solution. I emailed him back later Monday night and said I am willing to replace the animal but it would have to wait till next season because I do not have any left, but I would give him first choice next season. I also decided to offer him a partial refund even thought I didn't feel I had to since this was 3 weeks later. I retracted my offers today since this post went up and he blasted my personal info (but covered his up) I was hoping to be able to deal with this as adults but I guess he does not want to deal with it that way. If there is anyone else that has any problems with any animals past or future, contact the seller within 24 hours and give the them a heads up that there might be a issue.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #40
Acrimonious
Once again I'd like to thank everyone for heir input thus far, it's been refreshing to have empathy from a community that I haven't always felt that from in the past, but always tried to extend to others with poor experience.

Quote:
Theres a reason most of us who have been around the block a few times can be a tad quick to judge or be skeptical, because we've given advice hundreds of times that was ignored by people with major disparities in experience only to see an animal suffer as a result.
I completely understand this, and I'm sorry that those people have made you and others feel jaded or under-appreciated. I am overwhelmed by the response on this thread. In a world filled with people who look for the angle [not you] just people in general...Who lie, cheat, steal, whatever -- I try to be that person give gives the benefit of the doubt. I'm the person that will do you a favor you can never repay even though we don't know each other. Some people call this a sucker. I refer to it as being the change I want to see in the world. Lame -- right? To be fair, I have over-stepped this myself by being a bit defensive, but I was in ruin. I do my best, like everyone else not to interject a perceived tone to text on a screen. Sometimes that's hard to do. You can clearly see my account on Fauna is over 4 years old, but I have very few posts; this is due to my experience in the overall community described previous in this thread. I hope to walk away from this with a better understanding, and maybe make a friend or two from the people who genuinely understand kindhearted, benevolent people -- Like I'd hope people think of me. I hope to not have an experience like this again, but I also refuse to change the person that I am. I was told this animal was in good health, and I have not had a problem before purchasing reptiles so I trusted the seller.

I contacted Steve to let him know that this BOI was posted and I was unsatisfied. He replied back offering to make things right with a partial refund, but then retracted that offer stating I had taken things too far.

I'm not the only person who bought who posted here. This has to lend some credibility to the quality of the animals that were sold.

Quote:
This is a serious question and not meant to be condescending at all, but do you have any previous experience with Pythons or snakes in general? I only ask because the pictures obviously and quite glaringly present an animal with far more than just a "bad shed." Personally, ignorance is not an excuse in this day and age but I can see how you might not know better if these were your first snakes.

Many over the years. I have never been burned before. I guess this is life. I'm very disappointed to see him make an offer to give a partial refund only to retract it. I know this community is forgiving when people try to make things right. I've seen people exiled and welcomed back. I still genuinely believe that he was under the impression this snake was fine. Which is why I bought it. Why did I think this? Because I believe in people, and when we lose hope, we lose everything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!