Bad Guy Justin James Igualada (J & R Reptiles & Exotics LLC) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
Evshulman
Justin James Igualada (J & R Reptiles & Exotics LLC)

I hate to have to do this publicly but after months of trying to get my money back, I’ve decided to share my incident with the public. I understand Justin James Igualada (J & R Reptiles & Exotics, LLC) is a fairly reputable person who is well known in the community. As a result, it makes posting this more difficult and my goal is to not ruin a reputation, just to get my money back.

Justin and I began our dealings back in May when I decided to purchase some animals from him. Our first dealing went well and I contacted him about purchasing some more animals. He told me had eggs incubating and would notify me when they hatch. He asked if I would pay upfront for the animals prior to hatching and I would receive a discount. His reasoning for this was that he had some family hardships and needed money. I trusted him and paid for 4 animals. It was not until August that he sent me next shipment. However, instead of 4 animals, the box contained 3. He told me one escaped and I can either wait until the next one hatches or have a $200 refund. Initially, I chose to wait for the next hatchling. After becoming tired of waiting for 3 months, I asked for my refund back of $200. He agreed and acknowledged multiple times that I am owed money.

Excuses as to why he can not pay have been none stop. Everything from "escaped animals" to "hurricane preparations", to "family in the hospital" - there is always an excuse as to why he can not pay. His communication with me has become less and less. Last week, he posted several thousand dollars worth of animals for sale and told me as soon as he makes one sale, he will send me my money. Today he posted several more high value animals for sale.

On 11/15 He texted saying he will send me the money that week. Never got it.
On 12/4, he texted me saying he will have the money that night. I never got it.
On 12/6, he actually CALLED me and said I’ll have my money that night. Still never got it.
On 12/13, (yesterday), he texted that he will have the money "shortly."

His most recent explanation is that his customers are delayed in paying him and so he can not pay me.

Justin James Igualada , this is not right. I have always held up to my end of our dealings. This includes me paying you well in advance before animals even hatched. I’m not asking for anything more than what I am owed and what you AGREED to on many occasions. I do not believe it takes this long to scrape up my $200 refund. Not for someone who regularly sells super high value animals for thousands of dollars. Please refund me as I am owed and I will happily remove this post and we can both move on with our lives.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
DavidBeard
Wow, that's pretty crappy on his end.

One thing I should point out though, this post isn't ever getting removed, even if he makes good with you.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:37 PM   #3
Michael Brown
He waited to the point that he had had enough of the excuses and decided to post here to hopefully resolve the issue. TBH he waited longer, and was more reasonable than most people. I can understand keeping it private for a certain period of time, but at this point I would be extremely annoyed as well.

If Justin has indeed fallen upon hard times he should state that, and possibly set up a payment plan to resolve the issue. Excuse after excuse will wear on anyone's nerves.

For me, there is really nothing more annoying than hounding someone for money that you are owed. Whether it be $20 or $200.

Just pay the man

Old 12-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #4
Black Adder
This is indeed a surprise
I know of Justin and some of his associates and know that he regularly makes and brokers deals in the thousands of dollars range every week.
To not refund $200 is just pathetic, i mean that SHOULD just be pocket change to him.
Unless he has truly fell onto such hard times that he does not have $200 to refund which I find very hard to believe knowing the circles he moves in.
I see no excuse for not having refunded this paltry amount a long time ago, I mean is a reputation really worth a measly $200??

Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 AM   #5
Lucille
Evan, have you notified Justin of this thread?

Old 12-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #6
Evshulman
Lucille, he knows of my post. He sent me a long text message upset at me for posting publicly but I still have yet to be refunded.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #7
Snake-Queen
Still no refund?

Old 12-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #8
Lucille
Evan, how did you pay? If it was by Paypal, was it backed by your credit card?
This Igualada is sure earning a rep as a deadbeat by not refunding you.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #9
Lucille
And if it was via Paypal, exactly when did you pay, you have 180 days to open a claim.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #10
Evshulman
Still no refund and no contact since the day made initial post. I paid via PayPal friends/family so I'm exempt from PayPal protection. Several people have messaged me that he has indeed been MIA due to family health issues which is consistent with what he told me. Remaining hopeful here that I do hear from him when things settle down on his end.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!