Bad Guy GIOVANNI GARCIA.....You have to see this !! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #21
Gastro3003
He said he would ship but he had no preference. I told him that I have had a good experience in the past with ship your reptile and he should look into it. He told me that he was impressed with what they told him and that it would cost me an extra $150 for shipping which I paid. My total cost was $550

Old 12-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #22
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastro3003 View Post
He said he would ship but he had no preference. I told him that I have had a good experience in the past with ship your reptile and he should look into it. He told me that he was impressed with what they told him and that it would cost me an extra $150 for shipping which I paid. My total cost was $550
Got it. Thanks.

~~~~

Old 12-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #23
tlmoon
Well, that is just horrific. I wouldn't ask for 50%; I would tell him it better be a 100% refund and if he doesn't like that, how about a police report for animal cruelty? Do you have any recourse with SYR? maybe they can at least flag him as a problem for the future.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #24
Pasodama
It does appear, at this time, that you are owed a refund.
If that poor critter was alive, when shipped, the box was too small and packaging was not appropriate.
Hate to think of its suffering.

~~~~

Old 12-15-2016, 09:07 PM   #25
Gastro3003
I know...
Can't get him to respond
I don't have energy to chase him all weekend
Just wanted to let you guys know about him since he says he sells anacondas and retics

Old 12-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #26
Michael Brown
That animal was not alive prior to shipping. It would have fought like crazy in a box that small

Old 12-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #27
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
That animal was not alive prior to shipping. It would have fought like crazy in a box that small

There's no doubt that poor monitor was shipped dead!

I had a horrific experience some 15 years ago, I had 2 tegus shipped from Pennsylvania in winter, the shipper used to many heat packs, and no air holes, it literally cooked the tegus in the box, it smelled like cooked meat when they arrived 8:30 a.m..

They were NOT BLOTTED, they were extremely flimsy, with NO blot at all..

Robert sorry you're having to go through this situation, and extremely sorry for the monitor, hope things work out for you!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 12-16-2016, 02:39 AM   #28
lizardsister2
Does seem likely the animal was shipped dead. I mean to develop that degree of bloat in overnight shipping in cool temps, not to mention the lack of any signs of scratching or thrashing or trying to get out. Even if he was shipped alive I totally disagree that there's shared responsibility on ' the basis the seller may not know how to ship animals. I'm a very small time hobbyist. Ive never shipped an animal. But ive received some. And I have half a brain. I could see getting the number of heat packs wrong. I could see not understanding the safe temp range to ship in or having questions about the best carrier but is there really any rational adult alive who thinks shipping an animal in a box that cramped with no sufficient container or ventilation is ok?

Old 12-16-2016, 03:08 AM   #29
caffeinecynic
While it does seem likely that this was the seller, I think it's important to remember who the OP of this is.

Dr. Brunner is not without his own share of reptile-related scandals, including a possible fabrication of vet reports to defend an animal he claimed was sick and died not long after arriving (while potentially having sold it right after).

Gastro3003 aka Dr. Robert Brunner -- Scam Artist, Forger, Beware!

Gastro 3003 (PLEASE BUYERS BEWARE) !!!

The photos in this particular BOI do make the seller look pretty convincingly in the wrong... but I'm inclined to take anything coming from Dr. Brunner with a grain of salt.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:26 AM   #30
albinoball
Given the OP's previous history with sales and purchases, as well as the acknowledgement that he "convince the buyer to ship" I find this story interesting. The lizard does look as if it's been deceased for some time. A necropsy from a vet and the original messages would help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!