Info McLenor W - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
caffeinecynic
McLenor W

I'm posting this mostly as an inquiry thread, because I want to alert people to what may be a scam.

On Morphmarket, they are using several stolen photos to advertise snakes. I know for a fact that the Banana Mojave and the Black Pastel (which is actually a Black Pastel Hypo) as well as the Calider belong to Jessica Pratt, and this is not her account (nor are those animals for sale). Given the inconsistent nature of the photos, and the fact that three of them are being used without permission, I would not be surprised if all the photos are taken from others.

I've attached photos of their Morphmarket page, their inventory list, and Jessica Pratt's Facebook (which proves the Banana Mojave, Calider and Black Pastel Hypo are hers, since she has recent photos of them).

Phone Number: 410-934-5491
Email Address: alisonmackays003007@gmail.com

410 is a Maryland area code, versus Cypress, TX, which is where their Morphmarket page says they are located. Could be nothing, but worth noting.

I'm making this an info post, draw your own conclusions. I've flagged the ads with Morphmarket and informed Jessica; unfortunately, I don't recognize any of the other images to let anyone know.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2016, 01:36 AM   #2
caffeinecynic
Just want to update this that Morphmarket has since pulled this vendor from their page. I did search the phone number and the email address a little more, but all I could pull up was some kind of ad for Hyacinth Macaws on KSL.com, which appears to be some kind of news station/website from Utah - a third location attached to this email address/user name/phone number.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:37 AM   #3
caffeinecynic
(Forgot to mention above: the ad on KSL has since been deleted, it's just cached for Google searches when you search the phone number.)

Old 12-26-2016, 06:38 AM   #4
Robert Walker
Thanks for sharing this Jamie and good catch!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!