Bad Guy International Reptile Conservation Foundation IRCF - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #71
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
both States
There are 4 states involved, I am contacting 3 of them, Michelle has contacted several as well.
Massachusetts- Where Michelle resides
California- Where the IRCF registered
Arizona- Where the IRCF has a place of business and where the raffle took place
Florida- Where Ty, the organizer of the raffle, resides

Old 01-04-2017, 11:06 PM   #72
Dro B
I agree cashing that check would leave you potentially liable for any unknowns and it wouldn't suprised me if Ty is behind this as well, knowing there's some type of legal implication if you cash it, and are setting a trap. The fact that it isn't legal inYour state and the fact that you would technically be compensated in full as far as the raffle was concerned, may be enough for a lazy judge to throw the case out. If you do have an attorney and he tells you it's safe to cash without researching for at least a day or two I wouldn't take the advice either I can only imagine how much time you and Lucille have spent researching and to throw it away on a technicality would be painful to watch.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #73
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
I agree cashing that check would leave you potentially liable for any unknowns and it wouldn't suprised me if Ty is behind this as well, knowing there's some type of legal implication if you cash it, and are setting a trap. The fact that it isn't legal inYour state and the fact that you would technically be compensated in full as far as the raffle was concerned, may be enough for a lazy judge to throw the case out. If you do have an attorney and he tells you it's safe to cash without researching for at least a day or two I wouldn't take the advice either I can only imagine how much time you and Lucille have spent researching and to throw it away on a technicality would be painful to watch.
Ty prob thought I'd cash it seeing that he had stated that I "needed the money"
But I'm not a sucker.
Well I take that back I was suckered into a scam/fraud once ;/

Old 01-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #74
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
The main, perhaps only, problem, if the check is cashed, is that it would be viewed as Michelle's acceptance/agreement of a settlement.

~~~~

Old 01-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #75
tlmoon
Wow, I've been keeping a pretty neutral opinion of IRCF since I believe it was Ty's actions that got them sucked into this. But that letter they wrote has me NOT liking they way they are acting. They still want to claim it's all out of their hands and they aren't involved? Well, state courts and the IRS may have different opinions on that and what a crummy way to treat someone who has been screwed over by their benefactor.

SHE WON THE RAFFLE! Why does not only Ty, but now IRCF think they can simply award the prize, or not, based on their own personal whims? Like someone said, I would love to see them win at a table in vegas and be told "I don't like you. Here's your money back, but you don't get to keep the prize you won". As far as I'm concerned, IRCF has gone from a sort of bystander to a full participant with that letter and the choices they are making. I think they are going to get some unpleasant legal and tax scrutiny, and I'm not very sympathetic anymore. Doing good overall is not carte blanche to step on other people when it suits you.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #76
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
Wow, I've been keeping a pretty neutral opinion of IRCF since I believe it was Ty's actions that got them sucked into this. But that letter they wrote has me NOT liking they way they are acting. They still want to claim it's all out of their hands and they aren't involved? Well, state courts and the IRS may have different opinions on that and what a crummy way to treat someone who has been screwed over by their benefactor.

SHE WON THE RAFFLE! Why does not only Ty, but now IRCF think they can simply award the prize, or not, based on their own personal whims? Like someone said, I would love to see them win at a table in vegas and be told "I don't like you. Here's your money back, but you don't get to keep the prize you won". As far as I'm concerned, IRCF has gone from a sort of bystander to a full participant with that letter and the choices they are making. I think they are going to get some unpleasant legal and tax scrutiny, and I'm not very sympathetic anymore. Doing good overall is not carte blanche to step on other people when it suits you.

Well said

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!