Double Axanthic? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
scratchypen
Double Axanthic?

So, I cant remember who I was talking to, but, one of my local snake buddies, and they claimed an axanthic using vpi gene & one other axanthic gene had been produced and that it was really cool looking. Im just wondering if anybody has heard/seen this animal as I dont cruise the forums as much as some other people. It would be interesting to see how two different axanthic genes would affect an animal. I tried doing a google search and did not find what I was looking for.

Thanks!!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
LadyOhh
I've heard of people trying to blend the lines, but I've never seen the results...

Would be interesting to see.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
scratchypen
Well, considering how hopping this thread is, I would assume no one else on here has seen the results either.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Ricca217
Haven't heard anything on being able to cross. Gonna have to check into that.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
bossroy
I just logged on and was going to ask the same, but as far as I can remember the last post I saw said the same answers.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
dustinNMpythons
it would only be a 1/16 shot but if you did hit it you probably wouldn't even know because it would look so similar to any other axanthic.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
R. Eventide
Well, that's the question, Dustin. The OP said there were rumors that crossing different lines of Axanthics didn't produce just another Axanthic--it produced something unexpected. It would be neat if we could find out whether this is true or not.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
dustinNMpythons
Thanks Krystal I read the whole post so I knew what the question was I'm just saying I don't think it would look anything different than any other axanthic. Genes don't typically work like that and if it did look really cool I'm sure it would have already been done since axanthics have been around FOREVER. Try it out and see what you get, you may be the first to do it but I've seen axanthics that were double het for joliff and VPI genes selling on here and other sites but thats been a year or two now. If anything I think it would increase the odds when breeding. Like if you bred a double het axanthic x a double het axanthic you would be twice as likely to get axanthics since both lines are being used.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
scratchypen
Well, what I was told, is that it looked like an axanthic but washed out and with random white scales, thus why I decided to ask about it as I wouldve assumed the same, that it would just look like an axanthic..

Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
dustinNMpythons
It would be a good question for Kevin, Brian, or Ralph. I'm sure if its happened one of the big shots has either heard of it or created it. Maybe there was another gene at work in this particular specimen. Wish there was someone else who knew about it so they could chime in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!