Rhacodactylus ciliatus for sale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Geckos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
orion
Lightbulb Rhacodactylus ciliatus for sale

Hi, I'm new to this forum so greetings all;-)

I'm located on the westcoast of B.C. in Canada,
and am looking to move my crested gecko collection to a new owner.

I bred this species for two seasons and just got overloaded with offspring, and I'm also moving so I am downscaling(incidentally there's a pun in there somewhere..).
I have four females and six males left that are all partially related, so ideally they would go to someone who can mix and match with other unrelated animals.
Colors are mostly in the orange/yellow range with some animals showing very clean white on the tails, some have very distinct patterning also.
some of the males developed 'floppy tail syndrome', if you are unfamiliar with this it is a condition that shows itself when the gecko sleeps head down on the glass and the tail 'hinges' at the base causing it to hang down instead of sticking straight up.
I've looked into this one quite a bit and spoken to various breeders about it and although never managed to determine exactly what the cause was I am sure that it is environment related and not hereditory, I attribute it to heat stress in the late stages of maturation(which was high summer in my case) and it has only ever affected those animals that chose to sleep in the head down position on glass...too much warmth, gecko relaxes, gravity works.
It could be diet related but then only a few ever developed the condition, plus I've tinkered with high end supplements and food variety, and none of which seemed to prevent it.
I've also seen this on larger Phelsuma, specifically grandis day geckos.
Anyhow it does not affect the animals negatively in any sense other than easthetics, and the tail is fully prehensile and usable as normal.

All animals are healthy and some are just flat out nice in every way.
three of the females have never been bred and one is the mother.
I would like to sell these in one go and would like CAN.$1000 for the group with free shipping to anywhere within Canada(which usually costs around $100).

Anyone who is seriously interested may call me at home:250-285-2562
and I'll see about arranging some photos of the animals.
thanks,
Orion.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread