Paypal Alternatives. Help please. Seller woes - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #21
Socratic Monologue
I didn't mean to imply you were wrong about the live animal policy, James. Like Lucille mentioned, it is hard to keep up with PP's changes, and I thought you had new info that I wanted to be updated on. I guess I'm glad you were mistaken, though.

Yes, there is a manual card entry option on the Square app. I've not used it, and I think there is a ~0.5% extra fee for manual entry, but it is an option.

I've not used Square long enough to stumble on any real problems (so I'm not exactly promoting their service here, just giving factual info), but the app is slick and their card readers (I got a free swipe one, and then upgraded to a chip one I had to buy) work really well. Square gives you a debit card (like PP Business accounts get) so you can use your funds without having to give them a bank account number -- this has worked well, too.

Old 10-11-2021, 09:54 AM   #22
Beyond GenetiX
My preferred payment method is firearms though 😂🤣😂

Old 10-11-2021, 10:27 AM   #23
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
My preferred payment method is firearms though ������
Most buyers and sellers are not FFL's though, which means one side is paying transfer fees. It also doesn't work if the recipient of the firearm is a "prohibited person", and there are more than a few in the reptile trade.

Old 10-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #24
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Most buyers and sellers are not FFL's though, which means one side is paying transfer fees. It also doesn't work if the recipient of the firearm is a "prohibited person", and there are more than a few in the reptile trade.

For someone shipping to me there are no transfer fees, since I am an ffl and yes, I only ship to an ffl. I won't ship firearms to an individual.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #25
E.Shell
Thanks to everyone again for your help with this!

I did see where Venmo is a subsidiary of PayPal, so if one is avoiding PP, Venmo is not one of the answers.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:39 PM   #26
WebSlave
Yeah, sometimes it is REAL discouraging concerning the number of compromises we have to make with who we have to do business with just to keep our own businesses running, isn't it?

Old 10-18-2021, 09:09 PM   #27
E.Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Yeah, sometimes it is REAL discouraging concerning the number of compromises we have to make with who we have to do business with just to keep our own businesses running, isn't it?

Yes it is. Had to change jeans, ice cream, soft drinks and financial resources...still have to hold my nose to buy other stuff, but there are sometimes no alternates.

Old 07-23-2022, 01:12 PM   #28
Kingetula
If I can avoid Paypal, I will. Everything seems to be a risk one way or another for either the buyer or the seller. Best of luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!