Vincent Russo, Cutting Edge Herp ????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-20-2002, 11:54 PM   #1
estamike
While surfing the web, looking for a hypo male columbian boa, I came across Vincent Russo's site. He has a couple of nice boas. I e-mailed him, with an attached pic of my female boa, asking if he had a male similar to her. My answer was not really an answer to my question. His only response was to ask if I wanted to sell my female. I replied back, "no, that I wanted a mate for her." I have not received an answer.
Is this guy a jerk, or does he just not know how to tell me he can't help me? I think I have seem him at the Daytona, FL show, but before I buy from him, I would like to know more about him.
Esta Martin

Old 07-21-2002, 01:14 AM   #2
BenSiegelReptiles
no-vin russo is a good guy-a stand up money where his mouth is guy with some cutting edge boas--i will make sure that i make him aware of your standard operating procedure--i am sure he would love to sell you an animal after that

Old 07-21-2002, 06:03 AM   #3
kevin - ectothermics
We agree with Ben on this one. Vin is an excellent resource with great locality animals and a good guy as well. He, along with his brother and Dr Price described b.c.longicauda and he continues to make numerous field expeditions yearly. His collection and ethics are beyone reproach and hes probably forgotten more about herping than you'll ever know. One of the true pioneers in this biz and a real nice guy to go with it. Hes one of the few we would purchase locality animals from sight unseen and we're proud to call him a friend.
K

Old 07-21-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
estamike
Thanks for the info Kevin.

Old 07-25-2002, 07:10 PM   #5
Steve M.
I dont want to bash Mr. Russo as I have not done bussiness with him but I think his comunication skills via e-mail could use some improveing, around the begining of this year I inquired about some Longicauda and amarili he responded with a price and told me to stay in touch maybe a month later I tried again I got a different price and was told to stay in touch after 2 or 3 more e-mails he informed me the animals I was interested in were sold out in advance although he had a 2nd female he wasnt sure about. My problem is this if he had informed me the first time I e-mailed him I probobly could of gotten on the wait list by sending a deposit and the changing price thing doesnt inspire any confidence either its realy to bad I see he has some realy nice animals and I've heard good things about him maybe in his defense hes very busy and maybe I got replies 1 from him 1 from his brother and thats where the diferent prices came from but the experience put me off and I bought different animals from different people

Old 07-27-2002, 08:41 AM   #6
redcdiver
I'd have to agree with Steve Muys on this. His e-mail skills could use improvement. In early spring he advertised a group of cages for sale. He had individual prices and a group price. I emailed him about buying some of the cages. No response. I emailed a second time. No response. I then saw him a few days later at a show near Allentown, PA. He told me he never received my emails. In addition, he said he wanted to sell the cages as a group, not individually. I would have been satisfied with a one sentence, generic reply to that effect. How hard can that be? I don't doubt any information in the previous posts. I'm sure that Vin is a great asset to this community. It merely that his communication does seem to have serious lapses.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:21 PM   #7
bigschtick25
good guy

I have purchased from Vin on two occasions. I bought a pair of poss het pied ball pythons. He replied promptly to all of my emails and the animals arrived perfect each time. He seems like a stand up guy and seems very busy with his own stuff. Not something i am going to hold against him. I would never hesitate to buy from Vin. His prices are great and animals are even better. You wont be dissapointed.
Greg Griffith

Old 01-20-2003, 07:16 PM   #8
Greg Riso
Thumbs up Excellent Animals and Great Guy!

Several months ago I sold a gorgeous adult male Longicauda to Vinnie. Although I had several offers I chose to put it the care of someone who I fealt really appreciated just how special this animal was. After reviewing Cutting Edge Herp's website there was no doubt as to where this animal belonged. I only hope that some day I get to own a pair of the offspring produced. Our transaction went very smoothly with no communication problem whatsoever. I can't say why your e-mail wasn't answered to your satisfaction but I do know I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

Old 01-20-2003, 07:19 PM   #9
ajc
Vin Russo is a helluva good guy, no doubt. Sometimes he gets a little too busy to keep up with all the emails, but he is a true herper and is as good a guy as you'll ever buy from. In fact, I'd probably pay more for the same exact animal, if I knew it was bred by Vin. Why? Because he spares no expense to make sure that the animals are in perfect health and have been started out the right way.

In fact, I actually designed the little "cuttingedgeherp.com" logo at the top of his website, just as a favor to him for being so helpful when I bought an animal from him. That's how good I felt about giving him my hard earned money.

Old 01-22-2003, 04:36 PM   #10
lyzardgirl

Steve M wrote:

"My problem is this if he had informed me the first time I e-mailed him I probobly could of gotten on the wait list by sending a deposit and the changing price thing doesnt inspire any confidence either its realy to bad I see he has some realy nice animals and I've heard good things about him maybe in his defense hes very busy and maybe I got replies 1 from him 1 from his brother and thats where the diferent prices came from but the experience put me off and I bought different animals from different people"

Isnt that a run-on sentence? LOL...sorry, I just got out of breathe reading that whole thing! hehe.
Good job brotha! I couldnt even do that!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cutting edge herp, vincent russo