I'm a dummy, need ID help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm a dummy, need ID help

So I messed up and mixed a few hogs around. I'm pretty confident that I know what these are but just want to see what other people's thoughts are. That being said, I'm going to restrain from saying anything until I get other guesses.

I will say that I have condas, toffees, and hypos as well as some normal hets and combos.

Top and bottom of #1 first, top and bottom of #2 second. Will post the other two shortly.
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
Big Borg Reptiles
#3 top and bottom followed by #4 top and bottom.
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm going to cheat and say I think this is a green phase only because I'm not sure how well the colors are going to show in the pic.

Thank you in advance for your input!
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
blbballs
#1 Normal
#2 Toffee
#3 Normal
#4 Normal

Those are my guesses, but I don't own either a visual Toffee or hypo.
#1 is almost a Conda belly in that it is mostly black, but I feel like the belly pattern goes up the sides just a bit which is not Conda like usually.

Gorgeous healthy looking animals though. Best of luck!

Old 02-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #5
Big Borg Reptiles
I agree with those guesses except #2 because I'm not supposed to have a normal toffee in my group :P. Toffee condas and super toffee condas but not single genes. That's not to say it's not toffee as it may have been sold to me misidentified.

I was wondering about #1 as well, thinking that maybe it's a very low expression conda?

Old 02-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #6
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm also only supposed to have one normal het. male but #3 and #4 both look like normals to me and they're both male. So there was definitely a mix up at some point as far as what I'm supposed to have and what I actually have.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #7
blbballs
In that case I would say #2 is very possibly a hypo.
3 and 4 could be something like reds or lemon ghosts or pastels or one of the more subtle morphs that show better in person, but I don't think they are toffees or hypos or condas.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #8
Big Borg Reptiles
Actually I think 4 is a red phase now that you mention it. He definitely has a funky shade going on but not on "morph" level. They're definitely not hypo or toffee, those are very obvious.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #9
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbballs View Post
3 and 4 could be something like reds .
I just checked him again, he's a red phase for sure. Very hard to show the colors in the pictures but in person it's very obvious. The other one is my normal het. then.

Still unsure whether #1 is a low expression conda though and if #2 is a toffee or hypo. I can always breed them to find out which is likely what will end up happening.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!