HELP!!!! Exo Terra Incubator suddenly failed... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
AggielandReptiles
HELP!!!! Exo Terra Incubator suddenly failed...

I just unplugged my ExoTerra incubator to move it (currently incubating a few clutches of eggs). When I turned it back on, it refuses to kick back in. The temp is stuck at 78 degrees, instead of the 90 its set at. Has anyone else had this problem before??? Any tips or tricks that might help?

PLEASE let me know if you have any suggestions!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
AggielandReptiles
Well, update time: Got home today and my incubator was magically working again. Apparently from searching other forums this has been a huge problem with ExoTerra Incubators. Guess I'm gonna have to hope it keeps working till I can build my own.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
ewhitwam
Have you had any other issues with this incubator? I was thinking of buying one of these but this post has me concerned and a few questionable reviews. How would you grade out this incubator?

Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
JSmithReptiles
from everyone that I have talked to that is the biggest issue with them. It seems as if once you unplug it you kill either the fan or heating element. I currently still have one of them and to be honest I am not planning on unplugging it until I am ready to replace it with a better one.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
AggielandReptiles
I would definitely suggest finding another source for an incubator. I'm fairly certain they no longer make this model. Through discussion with the company reps, I ended up simply returning mine for a full refund.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
I have had several issues with mine.

Like Nathan, mine lost power once. It doesn't hold temperatures very well.

For a comparable amount of money, I would get a reptipro 6000. They can be ordered directly from the company.