Inquiry shipyourreptiles.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
geckoejon
shipyourreptiles.com

hello, just wondering if anyone has tried this service and if so the results. did you get hassled by ups? supposedly this is a legal way to ship, but i called ups and they said they do not ship snakes under any circumstances. little confused here. i know i could "sneek" them through but not willing to go that route. i'm not a certified shipper through fed ex and am looking for a legal way to ship. thanks...

jonathan pickerl

Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
htraxx2
shipyourreptiles.com

use the search function,a couple of threads on here

Old 04-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
mxracer4life
I had no problems with them. In fact, it was easier through them than it has been through UPS or FEDEX. The only problem I ran into is you can't jut drop off a reptile to be shipped at ANY UPS location, you have to have it picked up from UPS or drop it off at an actual UPS facility. I have used them twice, and will continue to use them. They do clearly state that any snake OVER 8ft cannot be shipped through them, but they say nothing to snakes smaller than 8ft.

Jeremy Rennison

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
geckoejon
right on...

well that's reassuring that it has been used repeatedly with success. i did check out another link and their stories were just like yours. thanks for the feedback....

Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
KY Reptiles
I've used the site twice, once to purchase a shipping kit, the other to ship my Retic, its great service and I plan to use it every time!! You can use it with ease and confidence and save money!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
ophidile
I know it sounds weird but these shipping companies seem to like to hide from the left hand what the right hand is doing.

The UPS website still claims that ALL snakes are not to be shipped.
The shipyourreptiles.com site claims to be fully partnered with UPS to ship harmless reptiles, and specifically demos how to ship snakes, and I believe that too. You'll note that the shipyourreptiles.com site does say in a few places NOT to tell an employee you're shipping a snake, though, just a "live harmless reptile".

There's been debates on whether the Lacy Act really require you to put the common name and/or "snake" on the box - possibly not.

It may well be better for the snake if shippers are not told it's a snake, specifically, to prevent them from running across the odd employee that might decide to trash the box because they're a sadistic idiot :P Currently the logic is that some employees are afraid of snakes, so it's best just to say "live harmless reptile" and allow them peace of mind.

I used the site and things went well for shipping my one cornsnake, for what it's worth.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
ophidile
I should add that, last I checked, FedEx is very nearly as bad. If you ever get to the Live Animal Desk they will tell you repeatedly snakes cannot be shipped, even though a special agent will tell you they can be. At least that was the case a few years ago, for me.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #8
Shadera
I haven't used the service to ship through them yet, though I plan to. My only issue is, and this is probably a non-issue to others, is that when you order a shipping kit they send the box to you assembled rather than flat packed. It's going to make it look like I'm shipping these snakes in a used box, which I guess technically it's not. I'd have paid more to ship (though it was expensive enough as it was) the box unassembled so that it would be crisp and new when I pull it out to use it, not covered in old layers of tape with dirty and dented edges.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
brandonsthaman
You might want to take a look at this thread if you're planning on shipping snakes: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=131986

Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #10
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
I haven't used the service to ship through them yet, though I plan to. My only issue is, and this is probably a non-issue to others, is that when you order a shipping kit they send the box to you assembled rather than flat packed. It's going to make it look like I'm shipping these snakes in a used box, which I guess technically it's not. I'd have paid more to ship (though it was expensive enough as it was) the box unassembled so that it would be crisp and new when I pull it out to use it, not covered in old layers of tape with dirty and dented edges.
I was not aware that is how they shipped you a box kit, that is good to know. I would not want it to look like I was using a used box. Especially for that price! Thanks for the info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!