Deven Nicholson/Terra5designs/habacrete/herpinvert THUMBS DOWN - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
joshsfrogs
Thumbs down Deven Nicholson/Terra5designs/habacrete/herpinvert THUMBS DOWN

We ordered 100 LBS of the habacrete in November of 07. So far we have received only a portion. He hasn't returned any communication as of May 08.

I have tracked down three phone numbers he has used over the years ripping people off and left messages on all of them as well as multiple emails. Still nothing.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
John E Dove
Mr. Willard,
Did you send this dirt bag a link to this thread?
Since I know you I am sure of your side of the story and would like to hear his excuses.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
joshsfrogs
Good idea. I will. First time poster on here...

Old 08-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
kmurphy
Josh, I don't know you like John does so could you please post the emails you did receive. In any of them did he admit he owed you more product and it was back ordered or something? I quickly checked out herpinvert.com as I am not familiar with habacrete. Does this guy manufacture this stuff?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
joshsfrogs
There were a lot of emails back and forth since I ordered in November of 07(him saying he would ship soon, me waiting a few weeks and then emailing him back asking where it was...).

The last email I have from him (dated May 20th):

Quote:
I got an issue with spam or something. like 60 emails on this account a
day. I have a pallet that is to be here and they've planned with me to
have one pallet delivered every week as we're also looking into having
them to all the packaging for me. I drove down last week with my flat bed
to get the order but it wasn't ready. I feel everythings ironed out except
fullfillment on my end which will be shortly.
I replied (dated June 3rd):
Quote:
It concerns me that you are still taking orders for this on your site. I
ordered mine over 7 months ago. So, you are either taking orders with the
knowledge that it will be months before it ships out or you are skipping
over my order to ship others. How about just a refund on the portion of my
order that has yet to ship?
I then called the number I had for him and left a message. I got two other numbers he had used with other people and called those and left messages.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
joshsfrogs
I then sent this on June 17th:

Quote:
Deven,

I need a refund for my payment last November. It has been almost 7 months
since I sent payment and I have only gotten a few bags of the habacrete.
Please refund my money.
And the final email I sent was on July 9th:
Quote:
Because I have not heard from you in 2 months, I have filed a claim with IC3.gov who will forward the complaint on to the correct law enforcement
personal in your area. Please refund my money so I can cancel the
complaint. Otherwise, I will be forced to press charges.
Deven has not responded to any of my emails or phone calls since May.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
John E Dove
Mr. Willard,
I just saw an inquiry about Habba Crete on another forum and was wondering if you had ever received any satisfaction on this situation.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
HerpInvert
First off, we've spoken since may, and you also agreed to just do consignment on the products with net ten. I'll call you shortly again today.

I hope you update your post to reflect something more current. Last we spoke was about you supplying your friend in cananda and we also spoke about the over whelming interest in HabaCrete, the over selling and so forth. I mentioned many times that I want to try to get out from under retail and just wholesale it to you and a hand full of others so that I dont' get bogged down, or spread to thin.

Also, the only situations that have come up are late shipments or wrong labeling. We have taken great measures to bring everything in house and so no one else is typeing or writing addresses, nore is anyone else responsable for orders being shipped. We do have one person that helps packing but that's it.

If there are any outstanding orders that were not honestly recieved let me know. We've had to hassle with paypal and prove that buyers got their products. Thanks for sellers protection on that. quite a few people has stated they never got their product but then later i hear from the grape vine that they are posting photos of them using it. HabaCrete is so white by design that you can't mistake it for cement, not at all and they really tried to say it was. We have also been to small claims court with one guy who was supposed to do the shipping and who was actually taking product home, charging our card with usps shipping so we didn't know what was going on. this has been cleared up and we're better from the experience but still lost with who honestly hasn't recieved their orders.

I would like to make an offer though. that if you have proof of sale and i can prove you didn't get your HabaCrete, I'll send more to a wholesaler and they can ship it to you. Sort of issue a "freebie" coupon to a seller of your choice...if that's okay with the wholesalers, i'll find out and post again.

I am very sorry for all the hassles. We found out that working with some people is good until they feel that it's better to take ideas or products and try things on their own. As we come across these types of curcumstances; intellectual property threft, product design language infringment and plain old fashioned stealing of products or ideas, we're attacking them quickly with a lawyer so that those instances do not effect our customers. I like a chance to prove this. The brand HerpInvert and it's product line are very good from what we hear. I would also offer samples to those wholesales that have a business license, have had a website up for at least 3 years and can except net ten billing. Shipping is with your carrier and your account or we'll be using usps with a signed confirmation only. We do feel very bad for all the problems and let down. This how ever is no longer an issue.

Hows that for an open forum apology?

Josh, we're also sending an extra 25lb as per our last conversation.

If you're a zoo, please submit a new email. our email box is being filled daily wiht about 100 emails from someone dot-RU place and we can't check old emails. Once i get a new email for customers, prospects, instituitions/zoos and wholesale buyers, i'll post it here. SHould be back up today.

Deven

Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
John E Dove
WOW, that is what I call fast communication. It only took you 5 months and a number of potential customers being referred to this thread to get a rise out of you.
That is just the kind of customer service I'm looking for.(Sarcasm)

Has your email been down since August?

Old 12-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
HerpInvert
No, actually it was the fact that we raised enough capital to get things running right and finding the problem areas of manufacturing, packing and fullfilling orders and hiring the right person to manage certian things when i'm gone. I didni't hear about this thread until marty showed it to me and i found out how to fix the problems so they don't happen again. seems we spent too much on product development and not enough for other areas.

no, we've had tons of bounced back emails that didn't even originate from our mail server thusly it filter a lot of things out and flooded our inboxes which monitoring everything became more then just a simple task. that plus an overwhelming strugles on the personal side.
i'm still working to get access to the cpanel so i can create a new email addy to post here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!