Bad Guy FloridaHerps.com - BUYERS BEWARE!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #61
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Herps View Post
we chose to deal with our business issue as professionals by directly communicating with the nice people that had a real reason to be upset...

I will not be commenting further here,

While communicating with customers is important, repairing your errors behind closed doors does not permit readers to evaluate your level of customer service or lack thereof.

I think that if issues are brought here by customers and the community, many readers might prefer to have knowledge of the resolution in order to choose whether future transactions will include your company for them.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #62
HighVoltageRoyals
Quote:

- Regarding the past thread… Lillian was (she died in June) my mother & reacted to that OP about as bad as a company can. That was my mom’s last week working here and she was having a really hard time turning over a group of companies to her son after she controlled everything for almost 16 years. I am sincerely sorry that had to be the BOI’s first experience with our business. We did reply to all 3 of the people in that thread directly and worked everything out. Sorry we didn’t do that publicly. Feel free to ask the people in that thread if we handled that quickly and professionally. I think copyright laws are very serious and sure do not want anyone to think otherwise simply because we chose to deal with our business issue as professionals by directly communicating with the nice people that had a real reason to be upset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Any comments on stealing photo's and profiting from others' hard work?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=floridaherps
It sort of sounds like he's blaming his mother for all of that. Maybe it's early in the morning for me and my reading comp. skills are a little rusty but that's sort of what I took away from that paragraph....

Old 10-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #63
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless-Reptiles View Post
It sort of sounds like he's blaming his mother for all of that. Maybe it's early in the morning for me and my reading comp. skills are a little rusty but that's sort of what I took away from that paragraph....
Nope, that's my reading fail. My apologies.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #64
MinisaurusReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Any comments on stealing photo's and profiting from others' hard work?
I think he tried and failed to cover it here.
Quote:
Regarding the past thread… Lillian was (she died in June) my mother & reacted to that OP about as bad as a company can. That was my mom’s last week working here and she was having a really hard time turning over a group of companies to her son after she controlled everything for almost 16 years. I am sincerely sorry that had to be the BOI’s first experience with our business. We did reply to all 3 of the people in that thread directly and worked everything out. Sorry we didn’t do that publicly. Feel free to ask the people in that thread if we handled that quickly and professionally. I think copyright laws are very serious and sure do not want anyone to think otherwise simply because we chose to deal with our business issue as professionals by directly communicating with the nice people that had a real reason to be upset.
I can't blame them for not responding to this thread as the OP has not shown us one bit of evidence. But the stolen pictures need an awful lot of explaining.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #65
MinisaurusReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
While communicating with customers is important, repairing your errors behind closed doors does not permit readers to evaluate your level of customer service or lack thereof.

I think that if issues are brought here by customers and the community, many readers might prefer to have knowledge of the resolution in order to choose whether future transactions will include your company for them.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #66
Shiari
Quote:
- Kellie Taylor is/was a customer of ours. I think Nick’s email explained her issue just fine. We offered her a free replacement and she refused. What else can I say?
If I was sent a sickly animal, I would not want a replacement from the same company out of fear of simply receiving a *different* sickly animal. And even if I accepted a replacement animal and it appeared healthy, I'd probably end up doing way more than my typical new-reptile-to-the-vet checkup just to make sure there were no hidden surprises. So why would I bother spending even more money when I could go elsewhere and get a healthy animal the first time?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #67
Lindsay
Uromastyx photo

Was the Uromastyx pictured earlier in this thread actually sent out that way?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #68
Chris Anderson
Quote:
- Regarding the past thread… Lillian was (she died in June) my mother & reacted to that OP about as bad as a company can. That was my mom’s last week working here and she was having a really hard time turning over a group of companies to her son after she controlled everything for almost 16 years. I am sincerely sorry that had to be the BOI’s first experience with our business. We did reply to all 3 of the people in that thread directly and worked everything out. Sorry we didn’t do that publicly. Feel free to ask the people in that thread if we handled that quickly and professionally. I think copyright laws are very serious and sure do not want anyone to think otherwise simply because we chose to deal with our business issue as professionals by directly communicating with the nice people that had a real reason to be upset.
Hi Bill,

Actually, no, you did not "reply to all 3 of the people in that thread directly". I never once received a single email from you before or after bringing the copyright violation on your website and Facebook page to your attention. The photos were immediately removed, as I stated in my posts on the previous thread, however no one from your company responded or acknowledged my emails. No apology was ever given, which is what I would consider at least a somewhat professional response.

Copies of my emails and a summary of my interaction with you can be found in these posts:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...7&postcount=17
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...8&postcount=36

Care to revise your statement?

Chris

Old 10-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #69
figg2112
I am the original poster of the 'copyright' thread:

I would just like to say that other than the emails I posted on the thread above, I did no receive any further communication from FL Herps.

Dessirae Scarborough

Old 10-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #70
figg2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by figg2112 View Post
I am the original poster of the 'copyright' thread:

I would just like to say that other than the emails I posted on the thread above, I did no receive any further communication from FL Herps.

Dessirae Scarborough

*not receive

sorry for my grammar

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!