White-lipped tree frog - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
FrogBond
White-lipped tree frog

Hey, i had a few questions about my white-lipped frog. Its a female, shes about 2 years old, fully grown. About 5 months ago i purchased a 60 gallon hexagonal tank in which she and a whites tree frog would go (planning more) and they lived perfectly for about 4 months. Last month i purchased 5 new frogs, 2 types of monkey tree frogs, one milky tree frog, one reed tree frog, and one red eyed tree frog. Since they were babies, i have kept them in all separate tanks, fitting each ones needs. Since i have received them, my whites tree frog has died (i believed because of old age, he was acting fine before-9 years old) and my white-lipped tree frog has been acting very strange. She has become very inactive with less energy. She now has purple toes, and her skin instead of being a steady green has been changing from pure white to brown and green and white blotches mixture. When she changed color before it was uniform, but now she might stay blotchy for hours, with definition to the blotches. What i have been most worried about is the fact that her sticky pads have not been working, and that she always looks gooey, as if she is not absorbing water. She is not able to climb the walls or any shrubbery any more.
I'm not sure if she is ill, and if she is, I'm not sure what i can do about it.
If anyone knows anything please help, or refer me to someone who can.

Thanks a lot,
Lee Ginn
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread