SOLD!! Western Hognose Pair - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Hognose, Garter, Water & Ribbon Snakes

Notices

Old 06-20-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
Summer1
Western Hognose Pair

Hi all, my name is Summer Smith. Back in February, my friend gave me a pair of Western Hognoses for personal reasons. I'm more of a boa person but I agreed to take care of them. They're super cool snakes, just really not for me so I figured someone on here would like to have them! To clear up any confusion, although the pair was given to me as male & female, I will be listing them as both male due to other breeders' advice.

The older male is about three years old, handleable, and a normal Hognose. As of 6/20/21, weighs ~84g. Was veryyyy slow-grown but is completely healthy. He is in the first pic shown.

The younger male is about one year old, handleable, and a normal Hognose. As of 6/20/21, weighs ~78g. He was 50g back in February! Completely healthy as well.
They're both feeding on f/t rat fuzzies. I prefer they are bought together, but if not, we can work out the numbers.

ASKING PRICE + SHIPPING (for the pair) -> $450

Contact me @ ThreeFiveTwo-442-1551 Thank you.
I will upload photos shortly.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 06-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #2
Beyond GenetiX
Are you positive it's a pair and not 2 males? Can you get a better pic of the females tail?

Old 06-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #3
Summer1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
Are you positive it's a pair and not 2 males? Can you get a better pic of the females tail?
I am beyond positive. Send me a text and I can send you as many photos of the female’s tail as you want.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-21-2021, 12:05 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer1 View Post
I am beyond positive. Send me a text and I can send you as many photos of the female’s tail as you want.
If you post them here, then we'll all get to see them.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer1 View Post
Posting it here will reduce the questions in the future, that way you don't have to text 40 different people and I don't know your number.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:40 PM   #6
Summer1
When compared to the male, she has a slightly shorter tail. However, her tail IS long. I know that this seems to conclude that she is a he, but the female was probed after hatching (by my friend), and was determined to be female. She also seems to be much bulkier than the male, and she has been putting on weight relatively fast. The last thing that really convinced me that she was a female was her behavior. I had taken them out to clean the caging. The male took immediate interest in the female, and she had done that weird bumping/bobbing move. By far, the biggest indicator, was I saw her tail do a little wiggle. I’ve seen female ball pythons do this more aggressively but I was amazed to see a hognose do this. And from what I’ve heard, apparently there are some long tailed females?

Oh right, my number is at the very end of the post.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 06-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #7
GHsaltie
When I first got into Hogs I purchased what was supposed to be a female albino. Before I was knowledgeable regarding tail shape I put them together trying to determine if it was indeed a female based on behavior. They showed the exact same behavior you described above. Once I learned about tail shape I started to doubt whether "she" was in fact a he even though tail was text book male. DNA tested and he is indeed a male. All that to say behavior means nothing because even two males will act that way apparently. For whatever my two cents may be worth that looks like a male tail if I ever did see any.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #8
Summer1
I will update the post then; my only doubt now is the probing but those are not always 100% accurate. Otherwise, she is a he! lol
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
hognose