My Mutts and a Rescue (Lots of Pics) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
ShadowAceD
My Mutts and a Rescue (Lots of Pics)

Felt like taking some pics of my mutts as well as a rescue I recently took in. Poor girl is HW positive and possibly pregnant. Working on raising money to get her treated since the rescue groups and humane societies around here will not take her while she is infested.

This is Bruce, my three year old German Shepherd Dog rescued from Animal Control out here. First pic is a collection of pics to show his condition when we got him and what he looks like now. He has pancreatitis so he is still a bit underweight, but that is likely an issue that will never be fully resolved:

With his "Brother":

Laying with the rescue, Ginger:

This is Sky, she is an eleven year old Shih-tzu, I have had her since 2000 when I was in the 8th Grade. Yes, she has a mohawk:

Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
ShadowAceD
Contiued due to Photo Cap.

When she is a bit fuzzier:

With her "Brother":

With both "Brothers":

This is Chase, a six year old Boxer rescue from New Mexico who was being used as a bait dog for Pitbulls. The scars on his face are not from his past, but rather, a dog we had rescued that ended up having some severe mental issues that resulted in us euthanizing him:

He's kinda' getting chunky. I recently switched him to senior food.

With his "Brother":

Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
ShadowAceD
Continued again.

And, finally, this is Ginger, a stray I took into my home last week. Her owners appear to have moved and left her behind. I think she is a Aussie Shepherd/Retriever mix:

Enjoy.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
rjarosek
beautiful dogs. They all look so sweet.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
rcarichter
You ROCK! On behalf of all dog-lovers, and those beautiful rescues, THANK YOU!!

Noelle

Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
SlytherynHiss Exotics
Gorgeous, healthy & happy looking dogs. I commend You for the rescues :-)

Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
ShadowAceD
No dog like a rescue dog.

Two of which are proof purebreds can be found easily.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
SlytherynHiss Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
No dog like a rescue dog.

Two of which are proof purebreds can be found easily.
I agree! We have 6 dogs here... 2 are True Rescues; 2 were given to us by someone who just couldn`t take care of them; the other 2 are older dogs who I`ve had since they were 6 week old puppies. Sometimes the Rescued dogs seem more appreciative- like they know You helped them out.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
ShadowAceD
True story, though my Shih-tzu is very attached to me. She does not like being separated from me at all. But, I have had her for eleven years and, with any luck, will easily have her for another ten, though to think I will have the same dog in my 30s from when I was 13 is a bit weird. Lol

I understand people wanting to buy purebreds from reputable breeders where lines can be traced and such. I do plan on getting a Doberman one of these days, and I will be going that route, but my preference will almost always be to rescue a dog.

I am a bit more leary now than I have been in the past due to taking a dog into my home that appeared normal but was actually mentally unstable. I had to learn the hard way that not all rescue dogs are salvageable and not all rescue dogs can be trusted.

Doesn't keep me from trying though.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Lucille
Beautiful dogs and a VERY comfy looking sofa. Those dogs got it made, la dolce vita

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!