Free shipping !! Edible seeds and seed mixes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Chiro
Free shipping !! Edible seeds and seed mixes

Seeds and seed mixes with free shipping!

Flowering Maple (Abutilon)

This is an excellent container plant. I grow it outdoors in the warmer months and bring it in for the winter. It flowers year round.
This is a close relative to the Hibiscus.
This flowering plant will provide brilliant shades or red, orange and yellow. The flowers are 3" across. They are a favorite of my hatchling tortoises.

malva

Perenial.
Height: 3-4'
sow 1/16" deep at 70°F
germination: 5-15 days
Plant in pots or sow direct outside after the last frost.
The flowers and leaves are an excellent food for herbivore reptiles. The flowers are a favorite of my tortoises and is packed with nutrition.

malabar spinach

This is not a true spinach. Its an easy to grow vine. Edible leaves from the Basella Rubra plant can be used throughout summer and will flourish in heat and humidity. Young leaves of this herb plant can be cooked and added to recipes and fresh leaves make a great salad. This is a nutrition packed favorite of my tortoises.

Nasturtium Dwarf Jewel mix

Annual. Blooms spring to fall frost. 6-12" tall. Full sun or light shade. 2- 2 1/2" flowers in jewel-toned shades of orange, yellow and red. Edible flowers and foliage are a gourmet treat and taste like watercress. This compact variety is well suited for smaller spaces and makes a cheerful edging, border, container, or hanging basket planting.

Purslane (Portulaca Oleracea Sativa)

Purslane is an upright herb with juicy, succulent oval leaves and mild sweet-sour flavor. Plants will regrow after cutting. Purslane leaves and stems are great raw in salads. You can steam them or add them to soups, stews, and other vegetable dishes. The plant is also very high in omega 3 fatty acids.

Plantain Plantago major (Giant Variety)

Plantago major is a native United States plant which is widely distributed in all states and is a common weed which you have probably seen in your yard or garden.

Turnip Greens (organic)

(55 days) Grown for its greens only. Grows 16-22" tall. Tops keep color better in cooler seasons.
Excellent nutritional qualities for herbivores. Very high in calcium. These can be grown in a garden or in pots.

Russian Tortoise Seed Mix

The Russian Tortoise Seed Mix is what I use in my pens. It has less of the grasses and more of the other plants than the Grazing mix.

Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix

These seeds were picked for their nutritional value (fiber, calcium, protein etc)as well as their palatability. I also grow dandelion chickweed and plantain in the pens but, didn't include it in the mix. They can be purchased separately and are best grown in pots or a garden.

Click Here !!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!