Grooms Cricket Farm Inc - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2003, 04:23 PM   #1
Adam Block
Grooms Cricket Farm Inc

They always say what makes a good company to deal with is how they respond when they make a mistake. With that said, I ordered 1000 mealworms and 1000 crickets from Grooms after asking around a lot about who to deal with. I heard many conflicting stories but found one company WAY too high for shipping despite their LOW advertised prices! Another having a bad rep for sending other bugs along with their crickets and Mealworms. Yet I didn't hear anything bad about Grooms.

In any event the trial order went off without a hitch and I was pleased with the 1000 meals and 1000 crickets I got from them. On Wends I placed another order with them for 2000 mealworms and they got here the following day.

When I opened the box they were in great shape but looked like less then my first order of 1000. So I weighed 50 of them and calculated there to only be 1100-1300 in the box. I called Grooms to ask if there was a mix up and nice as could be the lady told me she thought she used the wrong counter and would send another 1000 free of charge on Monday.

Today I recieved the other order quicker then they even said and there were the full 2000 Mealworms in the box!

In all honesty, I would have expected them to save the shipping and box charge and just tell me they'd send extra on the next order. Forcing me to order from them again. I would have felt that was honestly fair but this made me a lifelong Grooms customer.

Way to go Grooms!

Old 09-21-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
I used Grooms exclusively for my cricket needs for 2-3 years. In that time I never got anything but top notch service and quality.
If you live in GA, TN, SC, AL, or FL, then I'd recommend them in a minute.
Unless you can use 3K at a time, if you live in other states, their single box prices are just too high.
When I cut back on the lizards, and could no longer use 3K in one order, I had to find another supplier, since I live in NC.
I don't use crickets at all anymore, I raise roaches. Grooms is an excellent supplier though, I probably ordered around 100K crickets from them in the time I was their customer and rarely had a problem. When I did it was rectified immediately.

Old 09-21-2003, 04:17 PM   #3
KelliH
I used Grooms for quite awhile a couple of years ago and I was very happy with the crickets as well as their excelent customer service. I feed mostly mealworms and superworms now but if and when I decide to start feeding more crickets again, I will contact Grooms about a weekly order.

Old 09-21-2003, 07:47 PM   #4
alfon76
Groom's has been my supplier of crickets and superworms for 2 years now and I would not change them for anyone else. Their customer care has no equal and they provide the best crickets I have seen to date.
I order around 15,000 crickets from them every 6-7 weeks and could not be happier. Chris always goes the extra mile to make sure his customers are happy with the feeder insects he supplies.
I agree 100% with Clay that if you live in the Southeastern states you need to give Groom's a try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!