D & M Breeders - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-02-2004, 02:31 AM   #1
Pythagoras
Question D & M Breeders

I have read a couple things that are questionable about the way he has paid some debts that he owes.

Has anyone bought any hets from him and had the time to prove them out? There seems to be some negative things said by a couple people that don't like him for other reasons, but I can't tell if they are really justified by people that have been his customers.

I need some advice asap.

Thanks.

Old 03-02-2004, 03:02 AM   #2
Randy T.
Is D&M the company that produced and misrepresented the hogg island X hypo crosses? If so I wouldn't trust him on any deals.

Sorry this doesn't answer the question you asked but I feel it is relevent on the business practices they follow.

(and I am not a purist, and plan to purchase hogg X hypos in the future, but from someone who is upfront and represents them accurately)

Old 03-02-2004, 07:39 AM   #3
Casey Hulse
Randy, can you elaborate?

I have not heard that story. I do know they had some beautiful "Sunset" boas at the Tinley Park show. They were stunning animals.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:07 AM   #4
Randy T.
When the "sunset" first came out they advertised having sunsets and het sunsets, they never would say what they were until someone called them out on it. They also if memory serves claimed to be the first ever person to create the "sunset" which could be and possibly is true, seeing how they were calling dominant hypo X hoggs sunsets, and codominant hypo X hoggs het sunsets. Very misleading and dishonest imo.

I know many other people know more details then I do, hopefully they will add to this.

Later

Old 03-04-2004, 01:40 PM   #5
dmbreeders
Sunset Boas

It has come to my attention from several customers, that there has been some confusion in this forum about the genetics of my sunsets. The simpliest way I can explain these sunsets is that the cross is the name given to the snake that is carrying both the hogg island gene and the hypo (salmon) boa gene. When these two crosses are bred back to each other, being that the hypo is co-dominant when 2 co-dominents are bred to each other 25% of the expected offspring is super (dominant), that is what we choose to call the sunset, being we are the first and only at the present time to produce them. I don't see how this is misrepresenting, however I can see how it is confusing. For more detail or any other questions you can e-mail me. Also there is a brief explanation on my website, you can take a look at, along with some pictures.

http://www.dmbreeders.com/available_sunset.htm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!