D269 Another Great Herper! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-04-2002, 04:19 PM   #1
herpavian
When I find a person who is honest and the animals involved are better than described, I feel I should share my experience with everyone.
I had my adult breeder corns for trade and he contacted me offering 2.2 Bearded Dragon babies. I checked him out on the Fauna BOI and I saw a post about D269 that contained a negative experience (from pacrat) that seemed too personal to be acurate. So, after reading the post, I decided that there was more than one side to the story and contacted Dale. We emailed back and forth for a week and came to an arrangement whereas he would get the 4 remaining corns and he would ship me 2.2 Beardeds and a baby female burm. He even waited for me to get back from vacation to complete the deal. The animals arrived today and are better than expected. The dragons are healthy and fat. The burm is also outwardly healthy and tame! Nice and solid. These animals have been taken care of expertly.

The only problem (my fault) we had was that while I was packaging my corns to ship to him, I left the bags on top of the box for about 1/2 hour while I got ready for work. Apparently the female Amel Corn escaped from the bag and I didn't notice. My wife saw it this morning and screamed that a orange snake was loose. I contacted Dale and he said the female bag was emptywhen it arrived. I offered to ship the female when she is caught or send $100 for the value of the Amel if she isn't caught by the 15th (payday). He said he would rather have the female (I would too).  But if she isn't caught by the 15th I am sending him the $100. If I catch her after that, he can have first bids on her. I'm sure he will have some other trade offers that will tickle my fancy.

His part of the trade was honest and a little under rated as far as the description of the animals went. For all out there to see and read... Dale Atkins (D269) is an honest person who take care of the animals the he is offering for sale/ or trade. His emails are answered within a few hours and the animals were packaged nicely to prevent any harm coming to the animals in transit.

So I have found another good herper to deal with.

Old 09-07-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
herpavian
Just caught the escaped Amel Corn.

This will make him as happy as I was at catching her.

She will be shipoped on Monday or Tuesday depending on the temps.

I hope he will be as happy with her as I was.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!