Inquiry Fred Kick - Reptile Addicts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
drjrose
Fred Kick - Reptile Addicts

Just saw this add by Fred Kick:
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=891909

This sounds too good to be true.

There are some BOI posts that are very worrisome. Are there any recent good experiences?

JHR

Old 12-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
FosterHerpetological
One word. NO!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Amelanistic Orca
The "Wonder" for three year Het sale...

Old 12-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
JudyC
Bleh. I wouldn't care if a hundred people came on here and gave good testimony about him. There are some people that I would NEVER buy an animal from, no matter how good the deal was. He could be offering VISUAL pairs at those prices, and I would not give him one plastic penny.

It's the people who care more about the "deal" than the animals that keep assh.....er, people like Fred Kick in business.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
farfrumugen
those prices are pretty much on par. not that great of a deal for snakes people usually sell as normals just to move them. with clowns being the exception. ive seen them cheaper than that this year many times. so its not all "too good to be true"
adam

Old 12-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
drjrose
Thanks for the Warnings

Danrg good thing the BOI is here. At least I did not get burned. I appreciate everyone's help.

JHR

Old 12-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
Serpents Lair
Well, I just made a purchase from him myself, BEFORE researching him. Saw that same deal, and couldn't resist. Now worried my HETS will just be normals... or sickly....or both. He said he guarantees the hets and gives gives clutch records. Will be sure to post the outcome on Tuesday when they arrive. Really need to start looking people up before making a purchase.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpents Lair View Post
Well, I just made a purchase from him myself, BEFORE researching him. Saw that same deal, and couldn't resist. Now worried my HETS will just be normals... or sickly....or both. He said he guarantees the hets and gives gives clutch records. Will be sure to post the outcome on Tuesday when they arrive. Really need to start looking people up before making a purchase.
I can't recall ever hearing of him selling fake hets, so hopefully you're fine as far as that goes.

And hopefully the animals will be healthy, too. From all I've seen, it's a real crap-shoot on what condition they might be in. No matter how good they look when you first unbox them, I strongly recommend strict quarantine for them for at least three months. And don't post a "good guy" report the instant you take them out of the box and they seem fine. Give it a day or two to see if any symptoms pop up. I don't know how often I've seen someone send an e-mail to the seller and/or post here saying how "wonderful" the animals are right out of the box...only to seriously regret their words 24 hours later when the animals starts blowing bubbles or whatever they didn't notice in their initial excitement of unboxing.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
Serpents Lair
Just an update (even if it's an old thread) as I am revisting... I wanted to say the animals arrived in what appeared to be good condition, but something was wrong with them. Both ended up dying within 2 weeks of them arriving.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpents Lair View Post
Just an update (even if it's an old thread) as I am revisting... I wanted to say the animals arrived in what appeared to be good condition, but something was wrong with them. Both ended up dying within 2 weeks of them arriving.
Did he offer any sort of restitution?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!