You won't believe this pair! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
extreme_hypo
You won't believe this pair!

What are the odds? LOL I was totally blown away to find this pair of reds hiding out Monday morning. My first instantaneous thought was grey rat, wait I'm in S FL. ha-ha
Very cool find, most likely a pair. Makes you wonder if the normal is het.
At the very least 100% het babies or better yet 50% little black corns!
After my find, later in the week, I spoke with a couple FL wholesalers and they said they do get in a few "wild caught" anerythristic corns in each year from different collectors.
They are not common but they are out there.
Also it is a know fact the black gene originated in this part of FL.
Way cool. Truly a unique find, divine intervention, Thank you Jesus!
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
WebSlave
Nice find!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
Helenthereef
Wow, very cool

Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
dumje
my same thought the first time I caught 1...my friend and I had an argument about what the hell it was...lol

Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
FireStorm
Neat! Congrats on finding them!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
Wayne Fowlie
Don't you Fla. guys ever leave anything in the wild? Come on, a couple of amorous old red rats should be left to procreate!

Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
extreme_hypo
Update

Wayne, these guys were most definitely left right where I found them. If you read previous post you will see i am a advocate for releasing all snakes I find in the field. FL guys are catch and release too!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!