Well, here we go again... Hurricane Nate - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
WebSlave
Well, here we go again... Hurricane Nate

Supposed to get messy around here by the weekend if the forecast track is accurate...
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Just saw it this morning, definitely looks like it's coming your way. What I saw was category 1, hope it stays that way.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
WebSlave
The forecast tracks I see on VentuSky are showing it moving further to the west between Texas and Louisiana.

Unfortunately, when a hurricane moves into the Gulf of Mexico, it makes landfall somewhere either in the USA or Mexico. I don't think I have ever seen one just dissipate over water, or turn around and head south and then out into the Atlantic.

Hopefully for everyone impacted the most it will strengthen to will be a category 1 storm.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #4
WebSlave
Latest forecast track...
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2017, 12:26 AM   #5
blueboost68
Was planning a field herping trip with my daughter and her friend's but all we are going to do now is watch the weather.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:34 AM   #6
Helenthereef
Yes, given the last few weeks I wouldn't take even a category 1 lightly. I'd imagine most of the issues would be storm surge on the coast, but you just never know.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I don't think I have ever seen one just dissipate over water, or turn around and head south and then out into the Atlantic.
Be careful what you wish for.... Cyclone Winston in Feb 2016 went past us (as a Cat 3) in Fiji, hit Samoa, picked up speed , turned completely around and came back at us from totally the wrong direction, and as a Cat 5. No one had ever seen anything like it.

(Note that Cyclones are just southern hemisphere Hurricanes, but as such they rotate in the opposite direction, so their normal path of travel is from the north west to the south east - no one expected a cyclone to come FROM the east)
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2017, 12:55 AM   #8
blueboost68
All of us on the gulf coast know the watch and wait thing all to well.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:51 AM   #9
Helenthereef
Yeah, it becomes a regular part of life, doesn't it? Hope this one fizzles....

Old 10-05-2017, 02:54 AM   #10
WebSlave
Well, the latest forecast track is being consistent with the last few I looked at in that the forecast track is gradually moving further and further west of the Tallahassee area. Not that this is what the people in coastal Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas want to see, though.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!