Bad Guy bad guy Francisco /MOC Reptiles - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #101
Emery Aranda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesd_87 View Post
O I've read everything, its just confusing as you didn't give full details in your opening posts and the rest is very hard to follow as you seem to be adding more details to the time line as it goes on making info hard to keep straight. Didn't realize you had tried home remedies prior to Francesco's suggestions. Who told you to use rot guard and up the temps? Did you do this on your own? What home remedies did you add once Francesco mentioned some, what ones did you take away. I also said if you know what you're doing. "I wasn’t experienced with dealing with sickly animals so it took about 2 weeks before I saw the problems worsening and took him to a vet."

So correct me if I'm wrong but the actual time line goes something like:

week 1: FD arrives, you notice mouth gape, but someone told you "aussie frilleds do this more frequently than the NG" so your not concerned. Then you later say, " he looked good at the time but didn’t pull him apart looking him up and down like I should’ve because I assumed he was in good health!"

and even later you say "Like I said he was mouth gaping and mucus was prevalent first day."

So which is it?

"I was sure something was wrong after the first week of having the lizard.

"I wasn’t experienced with dealing with sickly animals so it took about 2 weeks before I saw the problems worsening and took him to a vet."

"Incorrect. 5 weeks after I received a follow up exam and the antibiotics I needed. Not when I diagnosed him or first took him to the vet. I was sure something was wrong after one week, over the next week tried treating it on my own, and by the beginning of the third week I saw that the “rot guard” that I had been trying as well as increasing the heat to make an artificial fever both had not worked, so I knew it was time to make a vet visit. And they had no openings I’d be available for until later on. By this point you were still ignoring my messages."

So like I said you're on your own.

Your confusing bias with taking sides. We're allowed to take sides on this as to what's right and wrong as we see it. Unbiased people making a decisions on evidence provided. Your getting upset as most here don't see it the way you do. That doesn't make us biased towards Francesco or you.

I don’t get what you’re saying? The timeline you said makes sense. I noticed the slight mucus and mouth gape first day, didn’t know it was certainly something wrong until after about a week because it was starting to look worse. I started looking to get a vet after 2 weeks had gone by, but they had no times id be able to go until the day I actually went. I was still trying to treat it with home remedies until I was finally prescribed antibiotics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #102
Emery Aranda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesd_87 View Post
Can you prove you it was correct? I couldn't tell you the number of times I've been told "husbandry is correct, couldn't possibly be that." Guess what majority of the time it wasn't. Someone claiming it's correct isn't enough evidence for me anymore.

How do I prove it’s correct and have you believe me? I’ll tell you everything and then you’ll say some dumb sh** like “oh you looked that up on google”. At this point it’s my word, and you obviously aren’t going to believe it since you’ve been on his side since the beginning of this post.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #103
Emery Aranda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
We have your word, you said he looked good.

To someone who has no experience with RI, an animal with an early one can look “good”. Clear eyes, good strong posture will come off as healthy. But RI is internally speaking.... He’s not translucent and I don’t have X-ray vision

Old 05-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #104
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeryfbrecovery View Post
To someone who has no experience with RI, an animal with an early one can look “good”. Clear eyes, good strong posture will come off as healthy. But RI is internally speaking.... He’s not translucent and I don’t have X-ray vision
Perhaps it came off as healthy because it was healthy.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #105
MOC REPTILES
Well, I did expect your friends to participate as well. But in any case, tge great majority of people are against you. Everyone here, and everyone except your 2 or 3 friends on fb. That is all it matters
Quote:

So are you gonna claim I made all these fake accounts? This is off of your own “public harassment” post of me. You have the advantage of it with only your followers/likes being able to see it yet you’re still getting negative feedback because you’re attracting it with negative energy.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #106
Emery Aranda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Perhaps it came off as healthy because it was healthy.

Or perhaps because RI early signs to someone who doesn’t know how to spot them can come off as normal...

Old 05-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #107
Milesd_87
Quote:
How do I prove it’s correct and have you believe me? I’ll tell you everything and then you’ll say some dumb sh** like “oh you looked that up on google”. At this point it’s my word, and you obviously aren’t going to believe it since you’ve been on his side since the beginning of this post.

The timeline was just verifying that I had it straight. Since you stated that I haven't read everything and some of your posts contradict or say something different then your previous posts.

You don't have to prove anything to me. I'm just saying just because you say it is correct doesn't mean it is. For future reference, if I'm dealing with animal I bought or one that I sold, and husbandry come up, I make sure to take or ask for pics/vids of temperature gradients, humidity, and enclosure. Then we can determine what the issue may be. I also find out how the animal was being kept prior, to ensure the new enclosure is as close to how the animal was previously being kept. Just some food for thought on future purchases going forward.

Your assumptions of "dumb sh**" I might say means nothing, that's your opinion on things that haven't even happened yet...

I took my "side" after reading the first four pages, not when I opened the post. Once again, these are just your assumptions.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #108
Socratic Monologue
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you are there to step up to help your family.

I wonder why you thought it fit to add another animal to your life when you admit that you have no days off from work and are still dealing with the after effects of your mother's passing.

It isn't as if this latter event happened in the middle of the dragon issue, right? This current situation is happening months afterwards, and while it is completely understandable that you could still be overwhelmed with the situation your family is still coming to terms with, a responsible person would put a hold on unimportant matters like animal acquisitions until he had time to do so with full attention.

To put it more bluntly: if a person cannot fit in a vet appointment in a timely manner, then that person should not own animals. Full stop.

It isn't any wonder that an animal became sick while in your care (or lack of it, for want of time), but it is a wonder that you think that anyone here would believe that you're a victim of anything but your own bad judgment and overly inflated estimation of your innocence.

Your hole is quite deep enough, Mr. Aranda. I recommend you stop digging, lest you can never climb out.

Quote:
I was dealing with my mothers death as well as working 7 days a week. It was hard fitting a vet appointment in. It was after 3 weeks that I confirmed it had issues. Not when the problems started arising. They were worsening. I tried taking care of it on my own first before going to the breeder since he was leaving me on read and not replying. It took him 13 days to get back to me.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:24 PM   #109
AppEcto
Quote:
And I wasn’t sure it was sick at first because I didn’t know how to spot signs.
If you witnessed mucus discharge on the first day as you claim, but didn't know that was a sign of illness, you clearly didn't know enough to care for this species. Your own pictures show a severe decline in health from the day of arrival to the more current pictures you posted. You can claim conditions were perfect all you want, but this....
Quote:
Besides the mouth gaping on arrival
Is so clearly better than this...

Quote:
If you were taking such great care of this lizard, why does it look so much worse now? Proper husbandry could have cleared up a respiratory infection if one actually did exist initially. By the way, frilled dragons will gape readily when threatened. An open mouth alone is not a sign of illness with this species. I see no obvious signs of any health issue in the first picture, but the second shows an animal at death's door after it had been kept in your care for a few weeks. That's all I need to see in order to know for a fact that your husbandry was not up to par and lead to the decline in health.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:54 PM   #110
Emery Aranda
You’re obviously all fans of his or something. His other reviews and people’s comments is all I needed to confirm it’s not just I that has issues with this guy. Say what you guys want to say, you are just going to repetitively use the same arguments that I already provided my counter argument for. This guy is obviously unprofessional by how he handled things and it has left an impact on him and potential customers. This doesn’t affect me at all. A couple reptile breeders who I’ve never heard of might avoid me. Oh I’m so so scared. At least I’ve already bought from the good ones and left a mutually good experience with them so I’m sure they’ll keep selling to me. And MOC will continue to give crappy service and more and more people will speak out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!