Cage/Vivarium Options? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
EmRz
Cage/Vivarium Options?

Hello everyone.

Don't have any dragons yet, but am actively working on changing that. With the month winding down and all, pay day is coming up. I figured now is a good time to start looking into cage options extensively. Need everything nice and set up before bringing any dragons home, of course!

Does anyone have any experience with the Exo-Terra Glass vivarium?

http://www.petco.com/product/115538/...t=OnSiteSearch

Attractive options - the ONLY options, really - are the 36" x 18" x 18", or the 36" x 18" x 24". Looking at about $270 for the latter of the two, shipped. For $25-30 more, I can get the 36" x 21" x 17" from Dragons4you.

I've never seen a PVC cage in person. For those of you that use these types of cages, what is your experience with them? They look nice, they stack, and it's especially nice that the fixtures can be added.. One less thing to worry about, in a way. In reality, the number one question I have with these cages is this: Are they really that light weight? Being able to physically move the cage for thorough cleaning is a big deal. Boyfriend is around a lot, and can help with a heavy cage.. it's just kind of a bummer to have to rely on a second person for that, though.

I know that I can probably go to Petco here in town and go get a tank for less than either of those two options, but again..! With that comes the issue of being able to move the cage.

Sorry to be long-winded. To summarize, I guess what I am asking is this. Glass tank/vivarium or PVC cage? Which seems to be the better option? Which of these do any of you have experience with?

Old 02-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Ed Clark
I like the 4 ft melamine cages for dragons, just my personal preference.they seem to hold the heat better. cost $140.00 from boa master.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
suzuki4life
I prefer pvc (plastic) whenever possible over glass.

Boamaster makes plastic cages also.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
EmRz
Thanks for the replies! I was seriously looking into having a custom tank or melamine cage built, decided either of those options would be too heavy/too expensive to ship. In the end, I went with an Animal Plastics PVC cage. Only down side is that it's going to take two months to get it.. Fortunately the dragon I'll be getting is still young enough to keep in a Rubbermaid bin temporarily.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
poppabill
I have 2 of them one is 36x18x18 and i love it, a lot of room and front accesability, easy clean and the other 24x18x18 it works well also but my rather would be the 36x18x18 my oppinion, poppabill

Old 12-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #6
poppabill
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppabill View Post
I have 2 of them one is 36x18x18 and i love it, a lot of room and front accesability, easy clean and the other 24x18x18 it works well also but my rather would be the 36x18x18 my oppinion, poppabill
CHECK CRAIGS LIST, GOT MINE THERE, POPPABILL

Old 12-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #7
poppabill
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmRz View Post
Hello everyone.

Don't have any dragons yet, but am actively working on changing that. With the month winding down and all, pay day is coming up. I figured now is a good time to start looking into cage options extensively. Need everything nice and set up before bringing any dragons home, of course!

Does anyone have any experience with the Exo-Terra Glass vivarium?

http://www.petco.com/product/115538/...t=OnSiteSearch

Attractive options - the ONLY options, really - are the 36" x 18" x 18", or the 36" x 18" x 24". Looking at about $270 for the latter of the two, shipped. For $25-30 more, I can get the 36" x 21" x 17" from Dragons4you.

I've never seen a PVC cage in person. For those of you that use these types of cages, what is your experience with them? They look nice, they stack, and it's especially nice that the fixtures can be added.. One less thing to worry about, in a way. In reality, the number one question I have with these cages is this: Are they really that light weight? Being able to physically move the cage for thorough cleaning is a big deal. Boyfriend is around a lot, and can help with a heavy cage.. it's just kind of a bummer to have to rely on a second person for that, though.

I know that I can probably go to Petco here in town and go get a tank for less than either of those two options, but again..! With that comes the issue of being able to move the cage.

Sorry to be long-winded. To summarize, I guess what I am asking is this. Glass tank/vivarium or PVC cage? Which seems to be the better option? Which of these do any of you have experience with?
check cregs list

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cage, tank, vivarium