My Bearded will not Eat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
khoegler
My Bearded will not Eat

After doing a bit of research and trying everything out there my dragons will not eat. I purchased this dragon at 6 months of age and she seemed weak when i got her. The owner swore she was just slugging due to the shipping. I figured otherwise. She was in a 4x2x18" critter condo with two other females and they didn't bully her but she seemed very timid with them. So I gave her, her own cage of the same size. She hardly moves, will not chase food so I have to force feed her to get protein in her body. I have dosed her with liquid calcium in case it might be MBD. I have also treated her with panacur in case she may have a parasite. I soak her in warm water weekly. Cage temps are at 103 in the basking area and 84 on the cool side. She still shows no improvement and am stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
river-7
Hi; what type of lighting do you have and do you have a pic of your set-up, as that would help others to help you??

Old 07-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
khoegler
Its a critter condo as previous stated which is rated the best cage around for dragons. I have a rept- sun 10.0 as well as a hide log.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
khoegler
pic as requested
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
river-7
Have you tried to give her a few small worms and some salad?? And she may be just adjusting her new home. Beardies usually take a few weeks before they settle.Do you know what she was fed before?? Maybe it's just a question of her trying to settle in. If she continues not to eat I would recommend a vet check. And maybe with the treatment you have been giving it could be stressing her out. That is a lot of treatment for a new beardie.hope this helps a little and good luck with her -She is lovely. Please keep us posted as to her progress. river-7

Old 07-15-2014, 02:23 AM   #6
Wyildss
Hmm, been reading a lot of sites; they basially said this.

Don't handle the bearded deragon for roughly 48 hours (I'd say roughly) to let them get used to their new home, they could be easily of been stressed due to the shipping.

Wait a day, put some food in and see if she will eat.

After that I think she should improve. You just have to give here a few days to let her get used to her new home. But if she doesn't I do suggest taking her to the vet for a check-up, just to make sure everything is ok with her and everything is up to par.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
Mistyck
How long have you had her? (I know you said she was 6 months, but I didn't catch how long YOU have had her.)

You should up her baths to 3 times a week, and try different varieties of food. Put salad (greens) in there with her, and leave them in there all day. If she still doesn't eat, then try putting her in a different "tub" and feed her in there. Maybe she doesn't like an audience when she's eating, or she doesn't want to chase down her prey.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
khoegler
I have had her for approximately 2 months now.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #9
Mistyck
Ok, no problem. Up her baths, and try the separate feeding bin. But always leave greens in the tank with her, so she has something to munch on. Try a variety of different feeders so she can pick what she likes.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #10
khoegler
still has not eaten

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!