Constipation - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
JustinBeardedDragz
Constipation

My beardie is having trouble taking his morning dueces .

It's the 3rd day now he almost had it and then it looked like it started bleeding a little bit and he gave up .

Hes not eating and not doing much throughout the day .

He seems incredibly miserable .

I know when I take him to the vet they will give me laxitives..

Is there natural laxitives or over the counter ones I can buy to save myself the 55 dollar visit

Thanks guys . Appreciate the help!

Old 12-31-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
angie.h
How big/old is he ? What was he eating and what substrate is he on ? You can try applesauce, canned pumpkin [ without spices ] ,baby food prunes and squash. Any of those or a combination, then add a few drops of veg.oil and raw honey. Then a warmer than usual bath for 10 minutes, but stay with him so he doesn't drown. If he's in real distress you might need to take him to a vet, only a qualified reptile vet though. Hopefully you can get him to pass it.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #3
JustinBeardedDragz
Thank you I'll keep you updated , I read your post yesterday but so far no good news from
My beasty

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!