Fungus or just a scale damage ?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #1
wolf100
Fungus or just a scale damage ??

Hello. i need your help. I have 3 juvenile bearded dragons. 1 male and two female. Everything was good, but suddenly i saw some black spots on the males hand. First pic is before shedding. Second pic after. What could this be ? He is eating great, is very active and tame.
Could this be fungus or did he just hit his hand somewhere in his habit ?
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #2
wolf100
No one can help ??

Old 01-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
angie.h
Hi Marc....looks like some scale damage, not necessarily fungal. Are the dragons kept together ? Sometimes they will bite , and can do so with a lot of force although that mark would have been from a slight nip. If he's housed alone is there anything he could have caught his foot under ? It doesn't look serious but if it gets worse you could have it looked at by a qualified reptile vet.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:02 PM   #4
wolf100
Hi. Thanks a lot for your help !!

He is housed together with two females - same age. He is the calmest, but also the two girls are calm and very tame. But I remember a few days ago he was laying above her and his hand was hanging down (white - in shed) . Just his hand was visible to her. I remember now seeing her looking up to it. Then I left the room and when I came back he was sitting on another branch. Maybe she thought to see some mealworm and tried to bite into it.

That is one possibility. For the other question. I have a lot of branches and a few stones in the habit.

It is only strange because the damage is a straight line - on the other side of his hand is no damage. So could this really be a test - bite or a hit ?

Old 01-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #5
angie.h
It may be just what you said.....the female thought it looked like something to eat. That would be my guess, I'm not sure why it only showed a mark on the upper side of the foot. Just be careful, at that size they can bite a foot off. That's why you see dragons with missing feet + shorter tails. You might want to set up separate enclosures for them.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
wolf100
Thanks a lot for your help. I keep watching them. In 2 months they will get a bigger habit. 200x100x100 cm.

Now they are in a 120x60x80 cm tank.

They are 34 to 37 cm body length and their weight is from 150 to 200 gramm. They are 6,5 and 4 months old.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:52 PM   #7
angie.h
You're welcome. Just be sure you feed them a couple times a day to keep them from being tempted to bite each other.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #8
wolf100
They get 3 subadult locusts and one subadult dubia roach 2 times a day. In the morning they get a bunch of vegetables and some dried flowers. From time to time I give them a extra waxworm or a few mealworm. .. I hope this is enough, but they look fine with well fed bellys :-)

Old 01-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #9
angie.h
While they are still growing it's a good idea to let them eat as many insects as they want for one of the feedings, when you feed them their first meal let them eat as much as they want rather than having a fixed number. Once they are close to adult size you can feed them a smaller quantity of larger insects daily.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #10
wolf100
Can't they get to fat ? Fat leaver ? My vet says that one of my girls (the one with 200 gramm and 37 cm) could go to brumation for 6 months - her fat bags are full - he said.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!