Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #191
WebSlave
Actually that is an excellent suggestion. Being a sponsor for any of the forums puts a direct link to your website right at the top of the first page. It only costs $50 per year and is like a PERMANENT bump for an entire year for your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
He is not limiting our exposure that was already limited by the blant abuse of the classifieds bumping/replying use. The way I see it, Rich is trying to make sure that everyone has sufficient exposure on the prime real estate and attempting to prevent others from continuing abusing the classifieds system! If you want to be on the FIRST page all the time, rent banner space!!

just saying...

Old 11-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #192
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
He is not limiting our exposure that was already limited by the blant abuse of the classifieds bumping/replying use. The way I see it, Rich is trying to make sure that everyone has sufficient exposure on the prime real estate and attempting to prevent others from continuing abusing the classifieds system! If you want to be on the FIRST page all the time, rent banner space!!

just saying...
It was only limited if your too lazy to do the work needed to promote your ads. I bumped once a day.. that normally kept my ads within the first couple of pages.

Do I think we should be allowd to bump more than once a day.. no I dont.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #193
jsokolow@buffalo.edu
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, then I guess the simple solution is for me to make the default such that MORE ads are on the first page of each classifieds section. What do you think would be a reasonable number to satisfy everyone? 300? 500? 1,000? ALL of them?
How about 50 to 100. Less clicking for the lazy masses yields higher turnout ^_^

Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #194
jyohe
my one thought was the sponserships at the top of the first page should just be at the first page...and any page thereafter would not have them at the top at all....or the webslave posts....second page on has just ads......saves space...

another thought was that if page 1 is sooooo where you all want to be???...why is there 375 pages (I forget actually) total anyways....?...of just ball pythons....?

sold means delete it.......

bumped over 10 times...delete it and wait awhile or lower price...or something......there is a reason it won't sell.......really....I see'' lowest price on the net'' and'' last chance.''....and I laugh because we sell them cheaper around here all the time....really.....PA is full of balls..........

......and yes.....the one where you put all snakes into one big ad and not 20 ads.....make a list.....and people....please stop asking for pics of the babies mother's first cousin and it breeding to the grandfather ......it's a (any morph) you know what it looks like.....yes ask is it light dark heavuy or light patterned.....but not all morphs need pics...and with like 20 snakes per ad there will not be 40 pics in it........

Old 11-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #195
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyohe View Post
and people....please stop asking for pics of the babies mother's first cousin and it breeding to the grandfather ......it's a (any morph) you know what it looks like.....yes ask is it light dark heavuy or light patterned.....but not all morphs need pics...and with like 20 snakes per ad there will not be 40 pics in it........

People ask for the pics of the parents because they wanna know what nonmorph traits will be passed into the offspring and a better comparison to how the offspring will look when older. ur not gonna take a pic of one caucasin baby and compare to some unrelated caucasin guy and say thats how hes gonna look are u?

Or for a snake example if u have het clown balls, u would want to see the parent clown. I like the reduced pattern line of clowns, some like the extreme "alien head" clowns, where the "alien heads" look almost like hearts. Seeing pics of the parents will help u define what there offspring offspring may look like. It's called selective breeding.

Ive seen some really ugly pastels I wouldnt pay 10 dollars for, but if I see a average looking one and the parents were selectivly bred, good looking snakes (IMO), then someone already gave me a head start on making a BETTER looking pastel in my offspring. Hence why some of the same morphs can vary in prices by hundreds of dollars.

My view is, "Quality looking morphs are more important than just having a morph."

hmmm... thats my new signature!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #196
rcpreis3
Actually this is off topic from OP, so I'll start a new thread in the taxonomy, hybridization forum. All those interested PM me and I'll shoot them a link. Or just look for it urself. what ever works

Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #197
skywalker67
I hope this dosent lead to a complete over-hall of Fuana since it is already such a great website for discussing and selling reptiles.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #198
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker67 View Post
I hope this dosent lead to a complete over-hall of Fuana since it is already such a great website for discussing and selling reptiles.
I highly doubt it. I dont think Rich has the time or patience to completely overhaul the whole site. Why fix sumthin that aint broke? All this is, is greasing the joints.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #199
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I highly doubt it. I dont think Rich has the time or patience to completely overhaul the whole site. Why fix sumthin that aint broke? All this is, is greasing the joints.
You are correct. There will just be tweaks along the way, but of course those most affected by even a minor tweak will feel (and likely act) like the sky is falling down around them.

Even the upgrades to vBulletin are generally just minor improvements and rarely of any major import, so I don't bother with doing any of them until either a feature becomes available that I think makes it worthwhile, or.. uh, well that's it really. Unless PHP and or MySQL gets upgraded to where the version of vBulletin I am using here will no longer work, I really need to have a LOT of incentive to upgrade. One reason is because it's a real pain in the butt to do. And the other reason is because it's an equal pain in my wallet because of all the custom mods done to this site. So I need a REAL good reason to do that.

There may come a time when I feel that the structure of the forums may need to be tweaked, but it's not something that has a high priority on my list of things I want to do. There probably are some changes that could be made to more logically group some of the forums, eliminating some and merging others, but it's not something I ever feel like thinking about much.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #200
statecollegeherps
Are we all that naive? The whole reason for this is so that they can force people to pay the member fee..... Bumping ads isn't a problem... IF members aren't bumping there ad's to the top, they are just bad at marketing... The EASY fix for this would be limiting each member to one bump per owned ad per day.... But hey i guess you have to be a internet scientist to figure that out, unless you are actively trying to make it impossible unless you front money...... Sounds pretty fishy to me... Traffic all the sudden seems to have picked up??? I don't see much difference in traffic from this week to 5 weeks ago... What should someone expect from a free classifieds site.... Hmmm maybe I should go on more often to make sure my ads are still visable since so many other free users are able to bump as well.... Its the smartest marketing a private person can do to have the most success... So hey, Moderators, Webdesigners, and all the rest of you would be warriors... Instead of complaining that people are making an effort to better themselves by keeping their product listed in prime territory, come up with a solution that doesn't make fauna turn into "that site" where they force to bend you over and charge you membership fees for stupid reasons.... The site has been free to post and bump for years.... what all the sudden changed it??? Cause its NOT the Traffic.... I would say a one bump per ad per day sounds fair...

my 2 cents.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!