karma question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Snake-Queen
karma question

I couldn't find the answer to my question, so I'll ask here.

Recently I received karma from a member, but unlike the rest, this one has a gray button/dot instead of green. Why is that?

Old 06-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
Dennis Hultman
Because they have no karma to give.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Fangthane
A grey block means that the member hasn't built up any Karma of their own and doesn't have any Karma points to give. It amounts to one of those "it's the thought that counts" type of things.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Snake-Queen
I thought that is what it meant. Thanks!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Christina Vincent
Thank you Snake-Queen, lol I was looking for this EXACT question to be answered this morning! Happy to see it answered right here in front of me I totally run outta karma before I'm done reading my thread fill and had no idea they got a "thought that counts" notification! That's awesome Fauna. An extra step taken, it is appriciated and knowing how many times I forget to go back to give karma to those I missed when I ran out, well it's good to know they saw the "support/pat on the back" at the very least!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Vincent View Post
Thank you Snake-Queen, lol I was looking for this EXACT question to be answered this morning! Happy to see it answered right here in front of me I totally run outta karma before I'm done reading my thread fill and had no idea they got a "thought that counts" notification! That's awesome Fauna. An extra step taken, it is appriciated and knowing how many times I forget to go back to give karma to those I missed when I ran out, well it's good to know they saw the "support/pat on the back" at the very least!
It's not when you run out of karma to give, as in your daily allowance. It's when someone has not built-up enough actual karma to be able to give any points. The more you have, the more you can give.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Christina Vincent
Oh...well that's nice too.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
KORBIN5895
At what point can a person actually give karma? How much karma does a person need to pass it on?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
hhmoore
The best explanation of karma was written by Nick, a couple of years ago...I think the system may have been tweaked a little, since then; but this should give a pretty good idea of how it works.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...93&postcount=6

Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
KORBIN5895
Thanks hoss.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!