Chat problems? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
WebSlave
Chat problems?

Anyone else having trouble using the chat system here lately? I tried to log in but it tells me I need a compatible browser......... Yeah, like Internet Explorer ISN'T compatible? I guess something changed somewhere.

Anyway just want to check to see if anyone else is having problems with the chat.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
I got in, but I can see no one there (even though the main window shows 11 people in 8 rooms). Trying to follow up on a couple reports of trolls.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
snowgyre
It works with Google Chrome, never really ran it in Firefox because I have NoScript running. Older versions of IE may not be compatible with the newest java plugin? I don't know.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
I get an error need to run a java compatible browser (running IE). Then wants to run the update but I haven't done it yet. It doesn't show any users in chat on my screens.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
snowgyre
Just out of curiosity, what version of IE is everyone running? That way we can tell if it's an issue with a certain version, or if it's a global IE issue? By the way, IE is not the most web friendly browser out there, and a lot of website designers are no longer trying to make their content compatible with IE. I'm more inclined to blame a flawed IE update than Javascript in this case. Like I said before, the chat room works fine with Chrome, even using an older Javascript plugin.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Mistyck
It works on my Firefox. I just don't go in there often enough. I haven't tried it on my IE though.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
AbsoluteApril
IE 9 on both my home and work computers

I like IE, wasn't a fan of chrome or firefox last time I tried them out.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
WebSlave
Yeah, I tried Firefox and Chrome, and I think a few other browsers a while back, but the deal killer with them was that none of those others, at least at that time, had the ability for me to just right click a webpage and save the URL to my desktop. I use that function SO MUCH, that any browser that does not allow me that ability will never fit my needs. Matter of fact, any website that blocks my use of that function normally does not get my business neither, as they are preventing me from saving a reference link to their products. So they are in effect telling me to either BUY NOW, or not at all. So I normally choose "not at all", unless they are absolutely the only game in town.

Anyway, I'm using IE version 8. I've heard version 9 is supposed to be better, but I've learned that you NEVER want to be at the front of the line to try out any new offerings or updates from Microsoft. I'm still smarting from when I did some OS updates recently and they nearly killed my laptop. Was quite the headache recovering from that one.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
snowgyre
Rich, in Firefox you can drag the icon that pops up next to the url in the top portion of the browser to your desktop, no right clicking required. Good heavens, your desktop must have tons of icons on it! Do you use bookmarks at all? I've never heard of that right-click, save url to desktop option before??

Old 05-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
WebSlave
The right click function is just second nature to me now. If I'm on a web page I want to save to go back to later, I just right click, create shortcut, yes, and it's done. I just wish I could get rid of that "Yes/No" prompt at the end of the process. There may be an option to turn it off in IE, but I really haven't bothered to look for it.

Yeah, my desktop can get cluttered at times, but every once in a while I will go through them all and move them into relevant folders to keep then segregated. It can get overwhelming to have a 27 inch screen FILLED with icons!

Nope, never had any reason to use bookmarks or "favorites" with this function at my fingertips.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!