Participation in the BOI - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
How do you get a fact from someone else's opinion??
It is obvious you are clueless & with your karma level, I am going to deduce that you have said some pretty inane things.

One person's opinion may lead to facts being uncovered in a dispute.
For example, a liar who can't keep his/her story straight. A person's opinion may make the liar change his story or say something contradictory to his original lie.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #22
ReptileGeek181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
It is obvious you are clueless & with your karma level, I am going to deduce that you have said some pretty inane things.

For example, a liar who can't keep his/her story straight. A person's opinion may make the liar change his story or say something contradictory to his original lie.
^^^ Great example of bashing and name calling that happens on the BOI lol

Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #23
Snake-Queen
Not bashing or name calling. Stating my opinion that you are clueless. I never called you a name. Your response to my comment is typical ...

Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #24
ReptileGeek181
Quote:
Not bashing or name calling. Stating my opinion that you are clueless. I never called you a name. Your response to my comment is typical ...

Old 07-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #25
Skanakis
it works if you work it so work it your worth it.....deedeedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by james delauney View Post
i just get on here to buy reptiles, and look up cool info an other people feeds about them, this system with rules and punishments i was never aware about. sorry man i shouldnt of opened my mouth in the firt place sorry guy
James...this is the GREATEST place to buy reptiles....and get info from some more then amazing individuals. I cant say enough good things about this websight. This forum of people who actually do care about helping and selling some Grade A reptiles and products. OF COOOOOUUURRSEE you got the egos flowing, policing and loud mouths and etc etc....but its alright. Dont let it stop you. These rules work. The MODS are good people.

The BOI is NOT a court. It is a FORUM. A BOARD of inquiry composed of all members willing to view the threads posted there, and willing to provide feedback to the parties engaging in an issue of public interest. These people viewing such threads MAY very well be potential customers for the parties involved. THIS thought alone should give them pause to try to come to grips with how their actions are being viewed by those potential customers. If none of those potential customers post their opinions, then such parties might not realize just how their stance is being interpreted by the public.

Rich said it right.

...of coooouuurrrse there will be clash of personalities...clash of opinions....and look upon things. I have had my behind handed to me for my outlook or opinions on things. But i agree to disagree and vice versa. Im a lurker....i lurk around aaaaallll night long. Asking info...sticking my 25 cents in....The MODS do a great job even though i have noticed a touch of favoritism here and there. Its just human nature. Dont ever be intimidated or insulted. The BOI has saved quite a few buyers alot of headaches...and these third parties have been EXTREMELY helpful. I call them them the Fauna police. I would HATE to be a cheating husband on some of them. Fugitaboutit. They would have every peice of evidence and then some but i am SOOOO grateful to them. Im a buyer right now(hopefully a seller soon)...and i dont have money just to piss away left and right on scammers and people who dont care about their animals. But between the BOI and the Discussion forums and the members of this sight i have gained so much knowledge about companies, breeders, suppliers, buying, selling and keeping reptiles its ridiculous. And i will still add in a comment that people wont agree with or agree with...but ill keep it in the guidelines set forth by Admin.

James...throw your 2 cents in and your opinion. Opinions are like ******, everyone got one. Just be sure it goes by the rules and guidelines of this websight. But dont be a troll either starting useless arguements and trouble. Without rules there would be utter anarchy and this websight would not be where its at.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
How do you get a fact from someone else's opinion??
Easy. If you are involved in a dispute and you see 30 people expressing the opinion that YOU are wrong, and because of your stance they will NEVER do business with you, a few FACTS are being established:
  1. You are probably losing business because of your position.
  2. Your reputation is probably going to suffer in relation to nearly everyone reading that thread.
  3. If you have the cognitive ability to put two and two together, you may decide to alter your stance to engage in damage control to try to reverse the damages of #1 and #2.
  4. There is a very good chance that your seeing a majority of people responding to the situation you are involved in being against your position, it just may make you a better BUSINESS person if you realize your error and admit it. This can guide you in the future if a similar circumstance arises again.

The purpose of the BOI is not to bash bad guys. One of the purposes is to try to RESOLVE problems when there is really no other avenue available for that to possibly happen. Will bad guys get bashed? Sometimes. But usually only after they demonstrate that they are determined to remain a bad guy. And then they go on record here for all to see if in the future some potential customers check up on them adequately. So another facet of the purpose of the BOI is to give INCENTIVE for people to be a good guy so they don't wind up on the wrong side of a BOI inquiry.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #27
hhmoore
Quote:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Quote:
^^^ Great example of bashing and name calling that happens on the BOI lol
Is this the BOI? No. (I'm not going to bother pointing out the rest of the obvious.)

Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
rcarichter
We're not selling tennis rackets here. We're selling (and buying) animals that we've poured unspeakable amounts of time and money into. Chances are, most of us are never going to meet each other face-to-face. The only way we really have to get to know each other is through reading their opinions and ideas. Of course, you learn things about the OP and his/her target, but you can learn just as much about others who jump in. If somebody jumps in with all capitals letters, swearing, no punctuation, etc., I pretty much decide that they don't have the self-control to deserve my money or my animals. I consider this a fantastic benefit of the BOI; which wouldn't exist if only mods could comment. Also, Bad Guy designations are often unfounded, brought to light by other parties' accounts.

Noelle

Old 07-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
Mistyck
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Easy. If you are involved in a dispute and you see 30 people expressing the opinion that YOU are wrong, and because of your stance they will NEVER do business with you, a few FACTS are being established:
  1. You are probably losing business because of your position.
  2. Your reputation is probably going to suffer in relation to nearly everyone reading that thread.
  3. If you have the cognitive ability to put two and two together, you may decide to alter your stance to engage in damage control to try to reverse the damages of #1 and #2.
  4. There is a very good chance that your seeing a majority of people responding to the situation you are involved in being against your position, it just may make you a better BUSINESS person if you realize your error and admit it. This can guide you in the future if a similar circumstance arises again.

The purpose of the BOI is not to bash bad guys. One of the purposes is to try to RESOLVE problems when there is really no other avenue available for that to possibly happen. Will bad guys get bashed? Sometimes. But usually only after they demonstrate that they are determined to remain a bad guy. And then they go on record here for all to see if in the future some potential customers check up on them adequately. So another facet of the purpose of the BOI is to give INCENTIVE for people to be a good guy so they don't wind up on the wrong side of a BOI inquiry.
Thanks Snake Queen, and Webslave...That's exactly what I was thinking, just couldn't get the words to come out when I was typing on the iPad.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
~Just Curious~
Wait, was all this triggered by Lucille posting a link to a current Bad Guy thread in a Good Guy thread? Just my opinion but I much prefer to be informed of all the threads on a person, especially ongoing ones, as sometimes they won't all pop up on a search if the thread starter typed the name in the title differently. Same for the "similar threads" down at the bottom I believe.
I don't see how that counts as "bashing" or "bullying" at all, just neutrally supplying information to better help the readers.

Personally I think the mods and BOI work very well the way they are now. I feel the current rules make sense and provide a good balance~

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!