Inquiry: East Tennessee Reptile Rescue - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #151
TrulyRare
Yea, i didn't know. simple mistake that hopefully is gettin fixed. I'm still waiting for them to delete the thread on the other site, ive asked twice?? ..neways I just called Emily and told her about the CITES I ..and she asked me to call her back in a second but she wanted the info on it, cause she obviously didn't know either.
neways=Sonnie

Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #152
geckogrl6
ANY updates here? I have been contacted, and I'm not too enthralled with the email contact thus far....
Anyone have evidence that TruIyRare/Sonnie has rehabilitated her reputation, educated herself, or that she is still "flipping" rescues?

And Sonnie, if you see this, I post out of concern for my animals which you have expressed an interest in. What I have read thus far concerns me, but I do believe maybe you have learned and improved.

Lisa Magil
geckogirl6@comcast.net

Old 06-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #153
TrulyRare
Well if you had read All the posts, then you would know, that what i was accused of wasn't entirely true. Yes, I inquired about your animals and their utmost care is most important. If you have any questions contact anyone on my website. www.easttnherps.com These people, know me, know my animals, and know my goal, and over all me.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #154
LauraB
Not sure I understand ... Lisa, do you have animals for sale? And Sonnie inquired regarding a purchase?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #155
geckogrl6
Sorry, Laura, let me elaborate a little...

I posted here in the Adoptions forum 2 leos I am giving away. Within literally minutes, I received an email from Sonnie, interested in adopting. I'm here asking for input from anyone with experience more recent than the prior postings in this thread. I'm trying to refrain from posting any quotes or emails at this point, but rather am using the BOI for its intended purpose...inquiry on an individual. You are welcome to PM me if you like.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #156
geckogrl6
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckogrl6 View Post
Sorry, Laura, let me elaborate a little...

I posted here in the Adoptions forum 2 leos I am giving away. Within literally minutes, I received an email from Sonnie, interested in adopting. I'm here asking for input from anyone with experience more recent than the prior postings in this thread. I'm trying to refrain from posting any quotes or emails at this point, but rather am using the BOI for its intended purpose...inquiry on an individual. You are welcome to PM me if you like.
Sorry Mods-
Lisa Magil

Old 06-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #157
Seamus Haley
Sonnie's big problem was that she was rushing headlong into things and making big, boastful claims without any kind of background to support her. She essentially lied about a great many things because she was enamored with the idea of being an animal rescue. Her intentions may have been good but her follow through and commitment to her ideas was atrocious.

It's been ten months since this thread was last bumped. She may have done a lot of growing in that time, may have become responsible and educated and she may have stopped trying to tackle things while she was ignorant of what was involved.

If she wants to take in animals you have for adoption, my response in your position would be pretty simple... ask her to prove that she's corrected her errors and fixed her bad habits. Have her show you something proving her legal nonprofit rescue and rehabilitation status. Ask her to divulge some financial information that proves she actually has the income to handle new animals. Get some details on those glaring issues she was having in her personal life, with her relationships, her own health and her family that all prevented her from spending the necessary time and effort that would be required to care for animals.

Ten months ago, I wouldn't have entrusted her with the care and well being of a cricket much less an animal with a life span longer than twelve weeks. She was ignorant... to the bone, entrenched in her ways refused to learn anything or acknowledge the overwhelming conflicting opinions ignorant. She was in no way qualified for what she was claiming she was trying to do. She was in no way capable of doing what she was trying to do... It may have changed in that time, although given her history, I'd want some proof of those changes.

If it hasn't changed or if she refuses to discuss the topic, I'd find someplace else for your leopard geckos. Someplace with someone who knows what they're doing and can actually do it.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #158
Seamus Haley
Can't edit on the BOI so I'll also just add... make sure she isn't flipping animals on Craigslist. She was at one point lying about being a rescue and taking in free animals while simultaneously selling them. If I thought more highly of her intelligence I would have called her a scammer, under the circumstances and given my extremely low opinion of her, I think she was just too stupid to know any better at the time.

'course if she's still doing it, then she's a Grade A scumbag.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #159
ophidile
Honestly I find it a little weird that any real rescue would be trawling for new animals rather than simply putting their name out there and letting folks come to them.

Just seems weird to me is all.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #160
geckogrl6
Seamus, it seems our opinions regarding the prior postings are roughly the same. My impression in reading the thread was that at that ime, Sonnie was mainly in need of some education, prob an attorney consult (tho I may be biased), and to correct some mistakes she had made in ignorance and overexuberance. IMO, someone can get that in the 10 months since any activity here. I felt it would be prudent of me to inquire about recent dealings, and I did. My email corr with Sonnie, and the inquiry (off fauna) I have done suggest to me that the education (at least so far as leos goes) is better, and she seems to be representing herself now as a rehab/rehoming society, which seems to address the problems before in misrepresentation. And as far a flipping to craigslist goes, I say free market prevails. My concern is that my animals leave my hands in good condition and are transferred to a sufficient party. After that, I have really no say. It appears so far as though Sonnie can provide at least sufficient care for the leos while in her care, and while I would hope she would check out any further owners, it's not my call. I've sold several animals across a table w/o any knowledge of what happens to them after that. It's just in this case the purchase price is $0

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!