Inquiry Vinny Ferraiolos> Off the Ark - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
goReptiles
Vinny Ferraiolos> Off the Ark

I have been speaking with him for two days about a snake he has listed for sale. I am a little leery, as he cannot provide pictures of parents, and I have found an odd thread from 2006 that he and a class supposedly posted.

Has anyone worked with him?

Should I continue business, or stop communications?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Keith N
I have been to his store, purchased from him and see him at shows. All of his enclosures seem fine. This year we purchased 4 Red Eye Tree Frogs that were nice and healthy.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
goReptiles
Do you know anything about the 2006 post on here? Where he was getting some school grant to house tons of different species in the same small enclosure? To include a sulcatta in a tank with a frilled dragon, fat tail gecko (or African velvet), and pink toe tarantulas?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=Ferraiolos

Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
goReptiles
I just want to make sure all is ok before I go forward.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
bwt501
I have never dealt with him but i suspect that he cannot produce pics of the parents because he is a reseller for most species and not the breeder. He did once have some kooky conspiracy theory that all bedding is contaminated with cedar and he went as far to say that he wouldnt ever use pure aspen because of some "scientific experiments" that he conducted to prove his point. Aside from that he might very well be a good guy with quality animals.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Keith N
I met him after that post. All in all his store is not that bad, uses reptile carpet for most enclosures and nothing was overcrowded. I do not believe he breeds but does resale as he had just recieved a shipment the one time I was there, but there is nothing wrong with that. Like I said I have been there, purchased from there and still have a wishlist that I check with his stock because he is only an hour from the house and its basically a reptile only store.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
goReptiles
Ok. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
mattie92479
Vinny is one of my good friends....He is a very honest guy and I have done deals with him for years...Great guy in my book...

Matthew Miller

Matthew Miller Reptiles

Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
Cp3_Pythons
I know Vinny personaly He is one of the BEST pet stores out there Very Informative Clean store GREAT ANIMALS at excellent Prices I have bought from him Traded with Him and every thing went as planned. The best thing is his Customer Service Vinny & Ryan ( Works for Off the Ark Exotic Pets) They try to get to know there regular customers on a first name Basis Which you cant get at larger Retailers I.E Petco PetSmart
Vinny's a great guy and I will do business with him again and again

Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
bigtiger
I go to Off the Ark just about weekly.I purchase feeders and I have bought livestock(green anaconda).He is top notch in my book!Buy with confidence!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!