Cabbage soup, anyone? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
MikeCurtin
Cabbage soup, anyone?

Well, it's getting to be that time of year that I start looking for soup recipes. I've really been in the mood for some homemade cabbage soup. Does anyone have a good recipe?

Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
MikeCurtin
Anyone?

Old 10-16-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
SamanthaJane13
Did you say Cabbage soup?? Well, here you go!!! * 6 large onions * 2 green peppers * 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole) * 1 bunch celery * 1/2 head cabbage * 1 package dry onion soup mix * 1 or 2 cubes bouillon/ stock cubes either chicken or beef (optional) * Salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, curry powder or soy sauce to taste (or any other seasoning you like). Spray a large pot with cooking spray and sauté all vegetables except cabbage and tomatoes until tender. Add cabbage and about 12 cups of water. Toss in bouillon cubes, soup mix, and seasoning. Cook until soup reaches desired tenderness. Add tomatoes. To keep the recipe interesting you can make a base soup and then add seasoning/ herbs each day for different flavours. Note: There are a number of variations to this recipe. Diet- Beverages are limited to water, and unsweetened fruit juice on days when fruit is allowed. This is a typical outline of the diet: * Day 1 - Cabbage soup plus as much fruit as you like, excluding bananas * Day 2 - Cabbage soup plus vegetables including 1 baked potato with a little butter * Day 3 - Cabbage soup plus fruit and vegetables excluding potatoes and bananas * Day 4 - Cabbage soup plus up to eight bananas and as much skimmed milk as you like * Day 5 - Cabbage soup plus up to 20 ounces of beef and up to six tomatoes * Day 6 - Cabbage soup plus as much beef and vegetables (excluding potatoes) as you like * Day 7 - Cabbage soup plus brown rice, vegetables (excluding potatoes) and unsweetened fruit juice

Old 10-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
MikeCurtin
Thanks....gonna try it this weekend!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
critical bill
Wow...nothing like a big bowl of cabbage soup 7 days in a row. Make sure you carry an extra pair of boxer shorts with you at all times Mike.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
angie.h
Here's my dad's recipe...he's originally from Serbia,we grew up eating lots of lamb,cabbage,pork,etc. In a large pot put a leg of lamb+boil with about a quart of water.After 1/2 hour ad a cut up head of cabbage,3-4 carrots[optional],and 3-4 large potatoes cut up.Add 1/3-1/2 jar of your fave spaghetti sauce,cover+boil for 3/4 hour.It's absolutely delicious.You could probably substitute beef if you don't like lamb,but to me the lamb is the best...it's really like a hearty stew.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Wow...nothing like a big bowl of cabbage soup 7 days in a row. Make sure you carry an extra pair of boxer shorts with you at all times Mike.
Ain't worn drawers since high school, but thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
Here's my dad's recipe...he's originally from Serbia,we grew up eating lots of lamb,cabbage,pork,etc. In a large pot put a leg of lamb+boil with about a quart of water.After 1/2 hour ad a cut up head of cabbage,3-4 carrots[optional],and 3-4 large potatoes cut up.Add 1/3-1/2 jar of your fave spaghetti sauce,cover+boil for 3/4 hour.It's absolutely delicious.You could probably substitute beef if you don't like lamb,but to me the lamb is the best...it's really like a hearty stew.
Oh, man!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
angie.h
Actually,the water should be closer to 3 quarts...sorry about that

Old 10-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
Actually,the water should be closer to 3 quarts...sorry about that
Oh boy! Nothing like concentrated cabbage soup!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #10
SamanthaJane13
But with mine, you can lose 2 or more dress-sizes in a month!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!