does anyone elses lovebird do this - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
ladyserpent7
does anyone elses lovebird do this

okay...my lovebird doesnt have a mate....and i know that usually when they dont..they tend to rub their butt on things....but hes been doing it for a WHILE now....he has this specific spot that he goes to on top of out curtain..on the rod..and he humps it...and he rubs the heck out of his butt.....how long is this gonna last...i mean my god!! is there anything i can do..i know i cant get him a female...but other than that...will he ever stop doing that? is it bad for him?

Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
Cat_72
LMAO, I just put my conure back onto his/her playgym because he/she was busy rubbing his/her rearend all over my hand while I was trying to move the mouse. I guess I don't know whether I have a male or female, but I was kind of assuming it was female by the way she was acting, not "humping" but bending way over, sticking her tail up in the air and making really weird noises....and the buttrubbing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a horny bird.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyserpent7
iis there anything i can do..i know i cant get him a female...but other than that...will he ever stop doing that? is it bad for him?
Getting him a female won't help. I did this once and the female laid eggs and the male humped the perch, LOL. Never any fertile eggs. Just enjoy your bird for who he is and let him have his pleasure. The only thing is he may rub a few feathers off.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:02 AM   #4
ladyserpent7
i dont mind it much.....i just dont want him to....hurt himself...and then when i try to take him off...he attacks me...like im ruining his moment or something..haha...i dont think females rub their butts...cuz the just lay unfertile eggs...like chickens

Old 04-19-2006, 04:03 AM   #5
ladyserpent7
mine makes weird noises too! haha...and whats soo funny is that when we call him..hell whistle back..but he wont stop what hes doing........hes multitasked..haha

Old 04-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
cowboyman13
I have a female cockatiel that does it and is housed with a male. Head down little short sounds allways like to do it on my leg. I all so have a lovebird who does it. My quaker just lays a half dozen eggs or so over a week a couple times a year. No but rubbing involved with her.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #7
Cat_72
Yep Jimmy, that sounds just like what my conure does, lol. Silly birds.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:26 AM   #8
Troggy
My brothers cockateil does that too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!