Water Bowls? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
jerryheath2000
Water Bowls?

I was wondering what everbody uses for water bowls in their tubs

Old 10-31-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Cat_72
I use either the heavy ceramic crock type bowls, or the "tip-proof" dog bowls. If you don't use something either heavy enough or tip-proof, it seems like someone is constantly spilling their water, and I'm constantly changing papers in the tubs.

Here's an exampleof the "tip-proof" type bowls, though most of the ones I use are plastic. They are so much lighter than the ceramic dishes, and haven't had a snake that can spill em yet!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...92&pcatid=2792

Old 10-31-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
johns6068
I use the heavy ceramic bowls also. Does help with tipping. But some have master getting the bedding in the bowls now.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I use dog water bowls. I cruies garage sales and swap meets and every time I see a dog feed dish cheap I buy it. Better to have too many bowls than not enough. I've probably got a couple hundred bowls now.......maybe I should stop buying bowls everytime I see them now.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
Cat_72
LOL, I buy them in bulk from the local farm store....I get the big, taller tip-proof bowls for I think 99 cents each.

I have a ton of other bowls, (bins full of them, lol) but have pretty much gone to all those, replacing the ceramic ones as I drop and break the darn things.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
jerryheath2000
Thanks everyone I'm getting ready to build a rack and I wanted to get some ideas for the water bowls.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns6068 View Post
I use the heavy ceramic bowls also. Does help with tipping. But some have master getting the bedding in the bowls now.

Yeah, I have some like that too! The very best bedding I've found for them not being able to do that is the Sani-Chips. I REALLY like those, but do have a little bit harder time keeping my humidity up in the winter using them.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
Uroboros
I use the overpriced pet store granite bowls (I know, but they all match and I don't need very many).

I used to use a 2 gallon rubbermaid plastic dish for my 9' BCI because she could soak in it, but 10 minutes after I put water in it, it's on its side again, so enough of that.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #9
cahrens
I use deli cups for water bowls in all but my biggest boas. They get the unspillable doggy bowls. What's nice about the deli cups is that I don't ever have to wash them. Just toss them and get a new one.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
JeffFlanagan
Tupperware

I use large Tupperware that's tall enough the snake can't tip it, but short enough to leave plenty of room for the snake to access the dish to soak.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!