Interesting mantis... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
WebSlave
Interesting mantis...

I don't really know what sort of mantis this is, but they are really cool looking critters. Don't see them very often, but I'm sure there are a LOT more out there than we see.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Lucille
I've never seen any mantis like that at all, awesome.
I've seen in the past where you snap pix of bears, and you seem to have quite a bit of property. Are you concerned about one of them getting between y'all and the house when you go walking out to the perimeter if your place?

Old 10-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I've never seen any mantis like that at all, awesome.
I've seen in the past where you snap pix of bears, and you seem to have quite a bit of property. Are you concerned about one of them getting between y'all and the house when you go walking out to the perimeter if your place?
I have a .357Sig Glock on my hip at all times. If a bear puts me in a "him or me" type of situation, I like to have the odds a bit better in my favor. Of course, Connie is usually with me, so I would have to put myself between him and her.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
JColt
Florida bark mantis I believe.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
~Just Curious~
I've never heard of those before, how neat!

For some reason our Halloween decorations were chock full of mantids this year. They gave my mother quite the fright when it was time to take them down, but I like seeing them~

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!