Happy Friday the Thirteenth! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
WebSlave
Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

Anything bad actually happen to anyone?

I got a migraine headache late yesterday, so I guess my timing was off just a tad. Kind of groggy from it today, so didn't do much beyond releasing a gray rat snake out in the national forest that I caught cruising for birds near the house yesterday evening, and going to the post office.

Well, oh yeah, did have something happen today. One of the things I picked up at the post office was a box of weatherstripping for one of the cars. It was used, but the guy selling it said they were perfect without any rips or tears. Yeah, right. I guess in a way I'm glad that the pinocchio effect isn't real, otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk in a crowd of people without getting your eyes poked out by other peoples' noses.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
JColt
Migraines suck. In my 30's until about mid 40's I got one once a week and sometimes more. Since my 50's I only get sporadically. I have had 2 this year. A co worker of mine always says she has a migraine and gives me the droopy eye look. I never say it but that is not a migraine. You don't sit in a chair at work with one.

My very worst one was about 8 years ago in February. It lasted almost 36 hours. I went out side and sat on front steps at 2 am and about 6 degrees outside in nothing but shorts. Wife tried to put blanket on me and I shushed her away. I said, Lord you can just take me now.

With a ton of migraine meds in me I actually dozed off for 15 min with my wife frantic on other side of door. I woke up freezing but much less pain. I went to bed and slept 14 hours. I normally sleep 5 to 6 hours a night back then. Now when I see white flashes I get panic attacks.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #3
WebSlave
What I found best for me is that at the very first sign of an oncoming migraine, which for me is distorted vision (meaning I can look at a word, but can't see all the letters), is to drop everything, take at least one Excedrin migraine, then lie down and keep my eyes SHUT. It then goes through the wiggling kaleidoscope lines of colors that eventually migrate out of the field of view (even with my eyes closed), and then I give it some extra time with the eyes closed. I found that this dramatically reduces the following headache. If I am too busy to go through this regimen, I really suffer when the headache finally strikes.

Now there are lingering effects for about three days, though. A general grogginess and slightly disoriented feeling. Which sometimes means another Excedrin Migraine pill. But yeah, they used to be a lot more frequent and severe when I was younger.

My very first occurrence of them was when I started taking piano lessons in my teenage years. The instructor said I was much older than his usual students, so he put me on an accelerated course. Soon after I started getting migraines like clockwork every week. So of course I had to quit taking the lessons. But even so, the migraines continued on....

Old 10-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
JColt
Doctor gave me Treximet which works well. I get 10 at a time and since I don't get migraines as often I get another bottle in March. Exedrine Migraine helps me but I have an allergic reaction. No welts or blistering but I itch over every square inch of my body and worst is extreme itching deep in ear canal. As you know even the slightest movement means more pain. Hope your after affects end soon.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #5
CricketChitin
Nothing terrible over here. But i’m getting anxious for season 2 of Strabger Things to come out on Netflix.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!