Bad Guy Michael Lawton - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #11
SteveDLS
Lucille, when I find out what PayPal is going to do; I will post results here. Thanks for commenting !

Old 12-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #12
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I had thought they were going to change that in November in the U.S., not sure if they did.
I believe you're right. So, sellers need to make sure the nonrefundable deposit is sent F&F with the rest of the purchase price sent G&S if they want to keep using PayPal and not get ripped off.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #13
SteveDLS
bcr229, that is good advice. I may still use PayPal and if I do it will be Friends and Family for deposit. Live and Learn! But to be honest I want to use something other than PayPal because when I think about this it is a partnership. I am basically giving PayPal 3% of my Company. I do the work and they get 3% and this is the second time I have had problems with PayPal. The first time I lost $350. I am kind of sick and tired of PayPal dictacting to me how to operate my company. I think I will give 3% of my company to someone else.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #14
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDLS View Post
bcr229, that is good advice. I may still use PayPal and if I do it will be Friends and Family for deposit. Live and Learn! But to be honest I want to use something other than PayPal because when I think about this it is a partnership. I am basically giving PayPal 3% of my Company. I do the work and they get 3% and this is the second time I have had problems with PayPal. The first time I lost $350. I am kind of sick and tired of PayPal dictacting to me how to operate my company. I think I will give 3% of my company to someone else.
It doesn't matter whether you use PayPal or a regular merchant processor to accept credit cards; you're going to end up paying some company to accept funds electronically.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
nickolasanastasiou
Yes, other than hand to hand, you will always (in some way) pay for a middleman. The costs may be hidden. They may be subsidized by something else. They are still there. Part of doing business efficiently and broadly. You can avoid using these means and that is fine, but it can be somewhat limiting if there is significantly large volume to move or if competitors are willing to offer conveniences you are not. It comes down to what you, your prospective customers, your actual customers, and your business itself can tolerate/withstand. I use a small variety of methods that can be switched to suit the situation more specifically.

Steven, as for your having dealt with the namesake of the thread, there were more than a few negative accounts shared in previous threads. I understand people sometimes change and sometimes you can get good business done with a person who has a checkered history, but there were lots of issues with this guy. Payment plans, payment methods with mutual protection avenues, and so on are for regular people with regular histories or exceptional people with positive histories. Or at least those who can be given benefit of the doubt. I know I (mostly) stopped accepting payment plans due to deadbeat types with slips and excuses. This guy had none of the hallmarks of being worthy of any seller generosity or leeway. Exactly the type who, if given a chance to do good business despite history, should be held to only stricter methodology because of the potential for him to use benefits extended to average buyers to commit abuses against you as a seller. I know you understand this now, but I feel it is worth saying.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #16
KNOBTAIL
STEVE, if someone files a claim against you on PayPal, under these circumstances, are these funds taken from your PayPal account and held in escrow ?
Sometimes there are more tears shed for the answered prayers then the unanswered ones. PayPal eliminates the need and makes sales over the internet a pleasure without the cost of using a card provider which may turn out to be more costly and not so easy to deal with. Especially in this trade.

If you have experienced problems with PayPal in the past and its animal related (which they really frown upon) when it comes to livestock claims, they may prevent future sales and services.. 3% for there services is a small price to pay for the convenience of conducting business with the least amount cost. The server is fine, you are the one who needs to be careful.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #17
SteveDLS
nickolasanastasiou, Thanks for the comment it was all true. I will def. be looking back at this site often from now on.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #18
SteveDLS
KNOBTAIL PayPal immediately withdrew the funds from my account without asking me one question. They emptied out my account then asked me to try and resolve problem with customer or escalte the matter which I did. As soon as I know anything I will post here.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #19
KNOBTAIL
Steve, that's part of the service agreement you signed and agreed to. I fully understand the frustration.

I had a similar situation not animal related, but the process is based on shoot first and answer questions later. They take the money first and then the proof of having it returned becomes the innocence part of this mess. I would call them and try to handle the matter .

I don't know how much money we are dealing with, but a word of caution concerning using two different methods of acquiring or even sending funds via PayPal. If they see that using F & F as one method and paying any balance as another method, it appears that some kind of avoidance is going on.

Usually its related to the 3% fee avoidance. They will close your account if they do find out that you are trying to recoup those monies by charging the buyer through the PayPal services... All it takes is a complaint. I do hope this mess gets resolved for you.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:09 AM   #20
SteveDLS
I woke up Christmas morning to have Michael Lawton calling me an ASSHAT on my own business Facebook page. He commnented multiple times on my page. To me, this is the ultimate low, commenting directly on my business page but I wouldn't expect anything less from this guy. I did not know you could ban someone from your page but I learned you can and he is now banned from commmentng on my business page. He also messaged me and stated he dropped the PayPal case and he wanted his refund immediately. I checked and indeed he dropped the case. Unlike, Michael Lawton, I do what I am going to say and I will refund his $70 as I said on the 2nd of January (as long as the bank is open, might be a holday).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!