REPTICON / Super Pet Expo (NOT GOOD) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #41
Joejr14
Since when is 'several' different than 3?

To say that there were more vendors at the 3rd show than the 1st is an absolute farce.

I was there for the Gila Productions show in October of 2003 and that show put to shame any Repticon show in Tallahassee, period. That show in what I'm guessing was April of 2004 was decent, but the one last year was a complete abysmal joke.

You can say what you wish, but that show had about 10 vendors, and was dead. I couldn't believe that I actually spent $10 to get into that show. The only two vendors I can even remember were Bay Area Reptiles (lmao) and Northwest Florida Herp---and those guys own a pet shop over on Tharpe. Bay Area had a sizeable table---and that was about it.

Honestly, you're doing a great disservice to the herp industry by putting on shows with 10 vendors. Either drastically increase the number of vendors or stop putting on the shows. You single handedly forced the Gila Productions show out of Tallahassee because of how crappy the Repticon shows did. People expected the Gila show to be the same so they opted to stop coming.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #42
Southerncat
thought you all would enjoy reading some of this:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=Matt+White

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=matt+white

Old 02-14-2007, 01:51 AM   #43
Gecko_Den
I don't see how that really pertains to this thread Cathy. Maybe if Matt was the only one with anything negative to say I could see why you would want to discredit his info based on his other problems. But, there are many others here who have posted a negative experience with repticon shows.

Are you going to try and deflect the focus of what they had to say by digging up dirt on them as well?

Old 02-14-2007, 05:45 AM   #44
Southerncat
No Not at All Sam... What I have a problem with is him coming here and posting his LIES. Even though some of what he was the trueth like, he was in Atlanta, he did make $300 before he left Sat, there were 2 missing vendors in Atlanta and Billy did call him a name, but the rest was nothing but lies..

We would like to thank the rest of you for posting and we are taking steps to makesure that the up comming Orlando Show and the March Chantilly VA show and the Spartanburg SC Show are quality shows!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:35 AM   #45
kellysballs
In those steps that you are taking.... I would suggest that you have someone on staff in their "bright yellow" shirts to actually look at what is being put on the tables. That person or persons should make sure that the animals are in good condition before they are brought in for sale.

Just a piece of advice that may help your image.

What you tolerate is what you will become.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #46
Mattsgecko
Cathy you can bring up all the old dirt you want to. Fact is that I paid for the loss of both of those animals. So what is the big deal. All of my animals are healthy and are well taken care of. Those animals are mishaps and are not my fault. It is merely shipping errors and was out of my hands. I refunded both of those snakes. You might want to refund some money to the people walking through for your dead shows. You are robbing them blind.
About me not being behind my tables??!?!?!? Anyone who knows me knows that I buy a lot of animals from other vender's for the purpose of resale and I am always looking for a deal. I always have knowledgeable staff behind my tables to take care of customers. It wouldn't matter anyway no one was buying anything at your kiddy show anyhow. BTW, Tom Marino is never behind his 15 tables, you wouldn't say this about him.
Tina. I did do the Fort Myers show. I vended next to Nick Mole with fcreptiles. We played quarters the second day because of the severe lack of attendees. He paid 50 dollars for 2 tables and I paid 165 for my two tables?!?!?!?

GILA PRODUCTIONS RULE !?!?!?!?!?!?!
Matt White
706 888 6287

Old 02-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #47
idioteque4444
Matt, seriously...Don't rag on the shows because you got mad in Atlanta. 1) Plenty of people sold animals and made money at the show - just not you, I guess 2) Tom Marino was behind his table the majority of the time 3) If you are so against Repticon shows, then why have you done so many????

No one forced you to do the show, and no one forced you to leave. You took it upon yourself to be there, and to exit. Just let it all go and enjoy the shows put on by Gila Productions. I'm sure no feelings will be hurt.

Everyone always feels the need to rag on a show when they don't make any money. My wife and I do shows because we love reptiles, we love the people, and we have loads of fun, money or not!

As for the NJ show...that was the first time Repticon brought their name up north. I'm sure every promoter has a bad show, especially when they are not an established name in that area. How many people go to the movie theater and ask for a refund because the movie sucked? My guess is not many.

Anyone who wants to see some photos of the Repticon show in Atlanta go to
www.imageevent.com/wncherps/atlantareptileshow

Just my 2cents

SAL @ WNCHerps

Old 02-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #48
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by idioteque4444

As for the NJ show...that was the first time Repticon brought their name up north. I'm sure every promoter has a bad show, especially when they are not an established name in that area. How many people go to the movie theater and ask for a refund because the movie sucked? My guess is not many.

Just my 2cents

SAL @ WNCHerps
Let me ask you this, if you went to the movies and after the first preview they turned the lights on in the theater and the screen went blank, would you be happy? Well, that's what the NJ show was like for those of us that paid to see a show that advertised "shop from thousands of reptiles"...

Old 02-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #49
PitViper74
billy, I'm getting my $12 back, period.

If I don't get a refund I will make it my personal mission to picket outside your next show with as many other ripped off forum members as there are in the tri state area. If it costs me a thousand dollars to get back the $12 I was swindled out of, then so be it.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:58 PM   #50
DavidBeard
Wasn't there a big controversy over a show Repticon put on in Nashville some time ago? It sounds like RetiCON is a good moniker for these charlatans!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!