Bad Guy First choice reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
courtanee
First choice reptiles

Where do i begin? I purchased a halamahera gecko frm first choise reptiles on the 11th. I put in the comments shipping section i wanted a ship date of nov 17th for an 18th arrival date. That didnt happen. I get home from work at 3pm today and see a package on my doorstep. Its vaguely says "live" something. It is not a proper shipping box. There is a puncture in the box, i assume for ventilaton, but no heat pack and it came all the way from florida. What the heck are you doing shipping on a friday anyways?! What if something happened and she was kept over the weekend?! Extremely irresponsible for a business. I never got a shipment notification or anything. I am pissed. I sent them an email prior to placing my order and i never got a reply. This is BS.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Please post a photo of the innards of the box when you have time.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #3
courtanee
Newspaper was the padding.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
It appears to have been insulated. I am not sure I would consider it improper in terms of its components and arrangements as of yet. Was there primary containment within? Something such as a deli cup is what I mean. Was the newspaper padding adequately voluminous to prevent the primary containment (I hope there was primary containment; some form, depending on the size and type of animal, is pretty standard). I do not know the tolerances of the gecko species involved or the temperature highs and lows en route relative to those tolerances, so the heat pack matter would be somewhat neutral for me until I knew more.

That said, the shipping date ignorance is of course a valid grievance in my mind. If that label/writing says "harmless frogs" like it does if I look at it while poking myself in the eye a little, I do not think that is legitimate, either. I can see a case for working via weekend shipments for exceptional scheduling limitations, but to spring it on someone unannounced (and who had very plainly stated the shipping window desired) is poor practice and could have just as easily resulted in a negative result for the animal.

How is your new buddy holding up given all of the above? Well, I hope.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
"Was the newspaper padding adequately voluminous to prevent the primary containment (I hope there was primary containment; some form, depending on the size and type of animal, is pretty standard) from being knocked around against the walls of the box?"

Fixed that. Sorry.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
courtanee
There wasnt much newspaper. My qualm is that its is winter, if you are going to poke a hole that goes all the way through to the inside, then there needs to be a heat pack. They have similar-ish care to cresteds. This gecko traveled through some cold temps to get here. Im very disappointed at the outside of the box. I didnt receive frogs. The hand writting is very bad too. I could hardly make out what it said.
All said and done the animal is doing well. I had to scramble to get the cage put together since i was planning on getting it squared away on sunday. But the gecko is fine. I have posted on their facebook wall, sent them a link to this post as well. I have yet to hear from them. They have extremely poor communication.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtanee View Post
There wasnt much newspaper. My qualm is that its is winter, if you are going to poke a hole that goes all the way through to the inside, then there needs to be a heat pack. They have similar-ish care to cresteds. This gecko traveled through some cold temps to get here. Im very disappointed at the outside of the box. I didnt receive frogs. The hand writting is very bad too. I could hardly make out what it said.
All said and done the animal is doing well. I had to scramble to get the cage put together since i was planning on getting it squared away on sunday. But the gecko is fine. I have posted on their facebook wall, sent them a link to this post as well. I have yet to hear from them. They have extremely poor communication.
I agree with you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!