Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 150 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #1491
VexalUntil
Of course she has offered to pay half of testing, but didn't offer to reimburse me for current market value. I had asked to be reimbursed for full purchase price of my investment snakes, but upon checking my emails I apparently had not asked for current market values. We'll see what happens.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #1492
amercnwmn
I don't believe that is an unreasonable request. I certainly can understand where you would prefer to go that route financially, but I'm sure the decision isn't a pleasant one to make.
For what it is worth, I do sympathize with you, Rachel & Elizabeth and however many countless others are facing this sort of uncertainty with their animals.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #1493
crotalusadamanteus
At risk of straying off topic a bit, who is the one that said blood and liver is all that is needed? When I got my testing done, it included live arthroscopic biopsy of liver, kidney, stomach, heart, spleen and skin, as well as blood for histology work. It cost me $385 per animal JUST for the arthroscopic biopsies, then several hundred more per animal for the testing done at Northwest ZooPath. All in all, my testing ran pretty close to a grand per animal, although to be fair, I didn't go with the minimal testing route, I went the route that would produce the most accurate answers.

Am I to understand that they've come along in their understanding of IBD enough to only need blood and liver samples for testing? The blood test has been around for a long time. It's called a buffy coat, but it's considered inconclusive if the inclusions are not detected as present in the cytoplasma of the white blood cells.

Just curious as it seems to come up a lot.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #1494
VexalUntil
Dr. Jacobson informed me his PhD student has developed a test that will stain the IBD pathogen in blood samples. From http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/college/de...easeVirus.html:

Quote:
Recently, we have isolated inclusions (Figure 10) from a boa constrictor with IBD and, using hybridoma technology, have produced a new anti-IBDP MAB that stains inclusions in paraffin-embedded tissues (Figures 11). This MAB is currently going through rigid testing and validation. We are also validating a blood based test using IHC staining.
This new prelimenary test will show quickly if IBD is present in the snake's system. If the test does not show the IBD pathogen, then he recommended doing the biopsy. The blood test through Dr. Jacobson's lab is $100. I said $150 since you'd still have to get a vet visit to have the blood drawn, so I estimated $50 for the vet visit. I misunderstood the biopsy test then. I thought it was only liver tissue, I stand corrected.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #1495
VexalUntil
Just thought I should let everyone know that I received a cashier's check from Ashley today.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:46 AM   #1496
ShadowAceD
Almost a year later ... kay.

What is it for though?

Can you get some of your animals tested?

Did she compensate you for the animals she has ruined?

Is it for the animal she lost?

Just curious. When you have to twist someone's arm until its out of the socket to get them to do something, it should be something worthwhile.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #1497
VexalUntil
Yes, this payment is in compensation for my snakes that were potentially contaminated, and investments unrecoverable. As far as I am concerned the matter between Ashley and I will continue to be resolved in private from here on out since an agreeable arrangement has been reached for both parties. Thanks

I still don't see where "a year later" keeps coming from. I learned of the positive IBD results on the BCI same as everyone else in December 2010. Now it's June 2011, that's only 6 months.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #1498
VexalUntil
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexalUntil View Post
I learned of the positive IBD results on the BCI ....
Meant BCL, sorry

Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #1499
thomasboxertko
This may sound silly but is there any updates yet?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #1500
ShadowAceD
Sure. Ashley is still doing the same crap while trying to pretend none of this ever happened.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd