Inquiry Ron Billingsly - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #51
hhmoore
Enough chatter about the shows...this thread isn't here to advertise, or critique, any of them.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #52
chfd143
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Enough chatter about the shows...this thread isn't here to advertise, or critique, any of them.
No it isn't but it is directly related to the inquiry IMO. If Ron acts this way towards people who have less than favorable opinions of him( like taking the previously expressed holier than thou stance toward a small cricket vendor) and lashing out at him and also threatening to run him out of a show by undercutting strictly out of spite, then why would you support his show when he may do that to you. The inquiry was opinions on him, and if my opinion includes not only the quality of his animals but also his business attitude, then it is all related.

Thank You

Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #53
hhmoore
My comment wasn't directed toward posts about Ron's show (as there is an obvious connection with Ron), though I probably should have made that clearer.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #54
chfd143
oh ok lol......sorry

Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #55
SSmith
Wow after reading willows emails back and fourth they are a total diff story then ron is telling! I am glad this BOI is here and i know i will be staying clear of him and his show.I want to say thanks to FAUNA for having the BOI that other boards don't have!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #56
jnite
There's a thread on the Canadian BOI as well, though not about animals but about the cages.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=131405

But this tells you what kind of person you are dealing with.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #57
Ron Billingsley
Like I said, I don't keep daily records. I don't have time to go dig thru thousands of emails to get exact dates.

Fact: I was selling Tiger Rat Snakes at the show for $125 to $150 each.
By the time she walked by my tables I had two left. We talked about both of them. I cut the price nearly in 1/2 for her for the snake she purchased. There was a reason why... it was not a 100% flawless animal.
She got a deal. She knew she got a deal. When the animal passed away, she got a complete refund.
End of topic.
Cage issue in Canada. I tried my best to fix that deal. The gentleman had towers shipped to NW USA then trucked to Canada. They broke the crap out of them, he paid to ship them back... ???? at triple the price... and that is only the begining.. it was a seller's nightmare. No matter what I did to try and fix it, it wasn't good enough. The buyer made one stupid mistake after another..... and I am to blame??
I"m sorry, I can not please everyone. Everyone wants great expensive animals at cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.. is that enough? no, two more? cheap, cheap prices... And then they cry when they take home cheap animals and they die. It's not worth it. To much BS.... all the stores are crying for cheap animals.. all the venodrs are crying for cheap animals.
Yes, I've not done the last two Taylor shows... I did not back out... I was at larger shows... that conflicted with the dates of Taylor. I can not be at two places at once.
No matter what I say, my words get twisted, turned around and used against me.
this is my last post here on this topic. Bitch, cry, point, acuse.. all you want.... what defense do I have? I'm guility of all charges.... so be it.
I'll just deal with the people who still wish to talk and buy from me, and the others ... I won't. I'm not going to try and defend myslef here any longer. There is no point in it. I'm sure there will be 20 posts in 20 minutes... saying look... look... look..... we got him!!!!! Please.... I have better things to do at the moment...............

If anyone has anything they like to actually ask me... feel free to contact me at..... thebigsquease@aol.com or call me... I'm up late.... 317/690-1614.

I've already had dozens of phone calls about this post....... seems like some people do still like me and wish to buy animals from me......

I'm boxing up Acrylic Towers to ship out... and animal boxes to ship out herps.... I'll be around.....

Old 10-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #58
Obsidian_Butterfly
OK I don't know both of these people but I'll put in my 2 cents anyways. Let me some this up.

Willow:
Your basically pissed that you didn't look over the reptile before you bought it right? And now blaming him because of a now dead snake? All tho you thought you bought a healthy snake you didn't the snake died he gave you a refund and your STILL complaining about it? Are you that poor? You got your refund what more do you want? I've seen people on here scammed out of literally thousands of dollars and nothing can be done about it. I think you should thank Ron for being so nice to you. In fact if it was me I wouldn't have been so nice. Just my IMO.

Ron:
I seen the linching mob on here strip people including my best friend of every creditability they have till they have nothing because of this on here. They aren't worth fight their childish games.Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #59
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
David..Well Said...Ron do us all a favor and dont bring Island of Death to the Taylor show anymore..Im tired of being hosed down with Prevent a mite just from even from walking by your tables...I think the sales you get are pity sales as people feel sad about the conditions of most of the animals you bring.
I've known Ron maybe 6-7 years. I've helped him at shows for the past 3-4 years. Nothing I've ever bought from him had mites. Nor any animals at shows I help with. Except boxes of WC gravid balls which he brought straight from the airport to the show he does locally. And that's the only time I've ever seen a mite/tick on an animal he had at a show. But even so, after coming home none of my snakes have mites. I have not had an outbreak of mites in at least 3 years. And none of them were from snakes coming from Ron. How do I know? My first/worst/last outbreak was about 3 years ago. One snake I currently own from Ron I got 4-5 years ago. Last time I bought a snake from him, about a year ago.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #60
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian_Butterfly View Post
OK I don't know both of these people but I'll put in my 2 cents anyways. Let me some this up.

Willow:
Your basically pissed that you didn't look over the reptile before you bought it right? And now blaming him because of a now dead snake? All tho you thought you bought a healthy snake you didn't the snake died he gave you a refund and your STILL complaining about it? Are you that poor? You got your refund what more do you want? I've seen people on here scammed out of literally thousands of dollars and nothing can be done about it. I think you should thank Ron for being so nice to you. In fact if it was me I wouldn't have been so nice. Just my IMO.

Ron:
I seen the linching mob on here strip people including my best friend of every creditability they have till they have nothing because of this on here. They aren't worth fight their childish games.Just my 2 cents.
Alas....no more negative karma function.

Please re-read the thread in its entirety. Kim expressed concern at Ron's less than punctual response after the animal died. She wouldn't even call him a bad guy because she didn't know what took him so long, and because she knew the risks of WC animals. It was only after he came here and blatantly lied about their transaction that she really called him out.

You come here and spout off that without reading the whole thread, and then have the audacity to criticize the BOI???? Why don't you fly away, butterfly?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!