Bad Guy Julia at 813 695 4836 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyButch View Post
Selling broken appliances and ripping off animal lovers on CL. What a great career.

Anonymity has it's merits. Gotta love the internet.

When you come back from deployment, find her and kill her. Don't worry, I'll be your alibi. lol
Find her and kill her over $100?

What a jackass thing to suggest even if it was said jokingly.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Problem is now. Lack of proof that this is the snake she sold us.
Even though the snake is clearly not the one you posted a pic of earlier, it's hard to get away from the simple fact that your wife looked at the snake in person, handed her money, and left with the snake. You can try to argue that you wanted the snake pictured in the ad; but (IMO), it still comes down to looking at the snake in person + paying for the snake = getting the snake you paid for

Old 11-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyButch View Post
I hate when CL sellers want to meet somewhere. It always makes me think they're hiding something.
Heck yes we're hiding something... our home address, our neighborhood, the potential browsing of our personal possessions, any clues as to the whereabouts of our other family members or children... the list is actually quite long. I have sold a ton of stuff on Craigslist and I will NEVER allow a pickup at my house. These days, you'd have to be a special kind of idiot to just trust someone you "met" over an anonymous classified ad.

So yes... every time I sell on CL, I hide everything I possibly can except my name and the details of the product. It would be imprudent and irresponsible of me, for my family's sake, to do otherwise.

It's unfortunate in this case what happened... but that's the nature of CL. I would be far more worried about bringing strange snakes with no history into my house than about whether I got the "right" one.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #14
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Even though the snake is clearly not the one you posted a pic of earlier, it's hard to get away from the simple fact that your wife looked at the snake in person, handed her money, and left with the snake. You can try to argue that you wanted the snake pictured in the ad; but (IMO), it still comes down to looking at the snake in person + paying for the snake = getting the snake you paid for
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with Harald on this. I'd say you've done all you can insofar as warning others. Now, the best thing for you to do is see what you can get for the snake and cut your losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
Heck yes we're hiding something... our home address, our neighborhood, the potential browsing of our personal possessions, any clues as to the whereabouts of our other family members or children... the list is actually quite long. I have sold a ton of stuff on Craigslist and I will NEVER allow a pickup at my house. These days, you'd have to be a special kind of idiot to just trust someone you "met" over an anonymous classified ad.

So yes... every time I sell on CL, I hide everything I possibly can except my name and the details of the product. It would be imprudent and irresponsible of me, for my family's sake, to do otherwise.

It's unfortunate in this case what happened... but that's the nature of CL. I would be far more worried about bringing strange snakes with no history into my house than about whether I got the "right" one.
I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER invite a stranger to my house through an internet deal. It potentially endangers me, my family, and my collection.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
boanation
Ill just be sure to text her myself when I get home from deployment. Yes I am about as mad at my wife than this woman. It is hard living in Tennessee my whole life where you can leave your doors unlocked all the time etc. Then moving to a place like this where I have had a car broken in to and 2 cars vandalized for having McCain Palin stickers on them. Cant wait to move back.

I will text the woman myself when I get to Hawaii. If anything just to let her know how I feel about the situation. Theres no boubt it was intentional. Why else would she lie about the picture?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by boanation View Post
Sorry she said broken Camera and not vacuum.
Quote:
Theres no boubt it was intentional. Why else would she lie about the picture?
I think you may have answered your own question. It would seem she was told she had a guyana by her vet and believed that she did. Her camera is broken so she couldn't take any pictures of the actual snake. So she figures the next best thing she could do is to search for a photo online that she could use to represent what she had for sale.

When you put it together like this.....I really don't see it as her intentionally trying to rip you off. I really don't see calling her weeks later to complain about it further as a very smart thing to do. That is pure harassment. You had a chance to walk away from the deal but you went forward with it. You should live with it and learn from it and make better choices in the future because of it.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Find her and kill her over $100?

What a jackass thing to suggest even if it was said jokingly.

and add another witness to the list!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
MikeCurtin
Quote:
It is hard living in Tennessee my whole life where you can leave your doors unlocked all the time etc. Then moving to a place like this where I have had a car broken in to and 2 cars vandalized for having McCain Palin stickers on them. Cant wait to move back.
Hard to believe something like that would happen in CA, the land of tolerance, enlightenment, peace, love, and liberalism!

Best of luck in the future, but like I said, it may be best to just cut your losses.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
MikeRusso
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Of course i feel bad for the OP not getting the snake that he hoped for BUT.. I have to agree with you on this Harold..

And, To the OP THANK YOU VERY MUCH for defending our great country!!

~ Mike Russo

Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #20
boanation
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
I think you may have answered your own question. It would seem she was told she had a guyana by her vet and believed that she did. Her camera is broken so she couldn't take any pictures of the actual snake. So she figures the next best thing she could do is to search for a photo online that she could use to represent what she had for sale.

When you put it together like this.....I really don't see it as her intentionally trying to rip you off. I really don't see calling her weeks later to complain about it further as a very smart thing to do. That is pure harassment. You had a chance to walk away from the deal but you went forward with it. You should live with it and learn from it and make better choices in the future because of it.
She told my wife the reason the snake looked different in the picture is because the picture on the ad was an old picture of the snake. But it was the same snake. This is the lie i was reffering to.

I was not there to walk away from the deal. Yes my wife should have known as soon as she layed eyes on the snake. Like I said we have lots of BCC's.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!