Dallas Quarles Thumbs Up in My Books!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2004, 08:19 PM   #11
ncalenda
Why I buy from dallas...

I was checking out the BOI when i noticed this thread. I am not a member so
I decided to register so I could put my 2 cents in. I have dealt with Dallas
Quarles on several different occasions and they all went well but there was
one transaction that i was particularly impressed with. I bought over
$12,000 worth of animals from Dallas, all at once, one transaction. He had
some exceptional animals that he had decided to sell in his collection which
comprised of Sharp Strain Albino animals mostly, DH for Sunglows, Hets and
various other high end animals. Not only did Dallas give me a KILLER deal on
all these but his packing/shipping methods are superior. I trust him
with any transaction amount, large or small , plus he is a good guy to have on
your side. I also know when I buy a snake from him I can trust that it will be in perfect shape when I get it.

I plan to buy more from him soon...

Thanks!

Nick

Old 05-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #12
David Reid
Nick

How much research did you do on the Sharp line albinos? I really like them, but have some questions on the genes. I talked to Brian Sharp directly about a timeframe when he expected Sharp line albinos. He told me that he sold off all of his line of boas. The following week, while I was debating whether or not to follow up on a het pair, I saw a post where someone was selling off some very nice adult Sharp line albinos and hets. I guess there were several litters of stillborns produced, and no live babies. Do you have any info on the Sharp line? Are there any breeding tricks, temps etc that have proven results for the Sharp line? I like the boas, just wonder about the genetics, if they are flawed, or are people just having bad luck with them?

Dave

Old 05-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #13
Mickey_TLK
I personally dont think the sharp line is flawed. I think its a matter of dumb luck on the still born litters.

Notice they all happened to one breeder, one location. This means it is very easy to assume that one of many things could be going on.

First let me say I know the "breeder" Chuck T personally, and find him to be a good guy. This is not directed as an attact.

First one could assume that its possible that Chuck did something wrong, or has something going wrong in the collection (no ones perfect).

Second one could easily assume that nature played a role in the still borns. Did Chuck experience extreme temperature shifts, pressure drops, ect. Did something trigger the females causing them to drop early, thus the stillborns/slugs.

Third one could also assume its the animals.

I find the last to be least likely (that the sharp is a weak line). For one look at the fact that the litter I got my sharp from was produced by a female. The sharp strain in fact was started by a female. Many breeders have experienced problems with the kahl females, so one would assume that if the sharp line were weaker, that the females would have even less production.

The fact that the sharp strain was started by a female founding animal also plays a large role in the lack of sharp births seen. Its taken alot longer for the sharps to take hold, as the birth rate in the start (the first het productions) was limited to one animal.

I think the sharp strain has alot of work, but also has a great future. I would hope that this is one of the first seasons we start to see a steady rise in the number of litters. However should everyone dud out, then Im sure more speculation will start.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 05-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #14
dqreps
Sharp Strain Albinos

At this point, there is no proof of the sharp line being a weak gene. The simple fact is that there are just a very few of these available, and just a handful of adults, so of course, they are not being produced readily. NOT because it is a weak gene but because the herp industry, for some reason, did not take to them as quickly as they did the kahl strain, years ago. Your guess is as good as mine because the sharp strain is much prettier. But never the less, since Brian Sharp did not have a TON of adults to breed, he did not produce a lot, thusly, there was not a lot of babies that were produced and available today. There are a few like Doug Matuszak, Rich Isle and a couple others that are Experienced, and working pretty extensively with the sharp line. Some are just lucky and get it right due Soley to the animals and nothing they have done. Some work hard and get it right but some work very hard but do not get it right. They are just like any other animal but they are so few in number so that if someone has a bad litter, everyone speculates the worse. I think most of the problems are due to husbandry. Wether it is temps, right conditions, prime breeding health, it could be a number of things. I think this is the problem but then again, it IS ALL theory, nothing else. That is just my opinion. I do however, know a thing or two about these animals as i have worked with them a lot. Well, i have based my entire project around them. They are the ground floor project i am working on as far as future morphs etc goes. These things are like gold now and everyone wants them now. They are easily getting over 2k each (and $2500 is more realistic) which is twice what the kahl strain is going for. The great thing about these guys.... everything is ground floor, hence why i am so excited about this sharp project. No one has produced sunglows, snows, the list goes on and on but it is in the works by myself and a handful of other people. Just imagine what a sharp strain sunglow or snow will look like?! I just can't wait. None of them have been produced yet but should or at least may be, this year. Only time will tell. If you want to see some, take a look at my picturetrail by clicking on it down below. I have a couple on there but i have a lot more pics i have to take of other sharp animals now that the weather is getting nice enough to take pics outside. The pics are not the best but you get the idea. These guys are hard to get real good pics of. If you have too much light, it totally kills the color. If you dont have enough, it dulls the color completely.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...9108&members=1

Thanks,
Dallas Quarles

Old 05-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
Rainbowboaman
Let me start by saying that I know this thread is old but why start a new thread? I recently had a great transaction with Dallas. The deal took some time as it was a payment plan deal but the whole thing went great.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
royal1reptiles
I had the oppertunity to deal with Dallas a few weeks ago and after reading this post i did and i am glad i did!

I recived my boas , All great looking animals ! Just what i was looking for!

Thank you Dallas !

I would suggest this guy to any one!

Easy to deal with fast and shipped Great!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #17
bcherps
Well, with the thread being five years old at least we know the answer on the sharp albino genetics now! There's surely been a bunch produced since then!!

thanks
ben

Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #18
Greg Riso
I spoke with Dallas for quite awhile at the All New England Expo just over a week ago. I invited him to visit when the next show comes around. I'll be disappointed if he can't make it as he's quite a character lol. Great guy I wouldn't hesitate to work with.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
dqreps
Ben - Yes, after many successful breedings from many different folks, I guess we all can agree that the Sharp Albino gene is not an inferior or defective gene at all. Well, except for the fact that the albino gene IS a defect. But in regards to the Sharp strain being anymore defective than any other albino strain, it sure is'nt.

Greg - I look forward to seeing you my friend. Please keep me a couple buds chilled slightly above freezing as well as a frozen mug or two. Nothing like a nice frosty, cold beverage before And after a show.

And for everyone else, I appreciate the kind works. Happy herping!

Thanks,
Dallas Quarles
http://picturetrail.com/dqreps

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!