INQUIRY - snowballsballpythons.com - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #21
Griz
It's probably something to keep in the back of one's mind. But, if buyers follow standard buying protocol, then the risk should be minimized. I have met enough people to know that there are some that are simply WAY over cautious. Then again, there are some whose skeletons are falling out of the closet....

Griz

Old 12-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #22
Powderfinger
I think you guys are kinda hanging this guy without a fair trial.

Everything posted, with the exception of his emails, is pure speculation.

If "Snowballs" doesn't want to post here, he doesn't have to. If someone wants to buy something from him, they have a right to his name and address, but if he hasn't tried to sell anything, what is the big deal?? If you are uncomfortable with his website, don't go there. End of problem.

Some people march to the beat of a different drum - it doesn't make them "bad guys", just different.

Just my opinion - yours may vary.

Scott

Old 12-06-2005, 02:44 PM   #23
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
I think you guys are kinda hanging this guy without a fair trial.

Everything posted, with the exception of his emails, is pure speculation.

If "Snowballs" doesn't want to post here, he doesn't have to. If someone wants to buy something from him, they have a right to his name and address, but if he hasn't tried to sell anything, what is the big deal?? If you are uncomfortable with his website, don't go there. End of problem.

Some people march to the beat of a different drum - it doesn't make them "bad guys", just different.

Just my opinion - yours may vary.

Scott
Excuse me? I really do not think so....

By choosing not to address this matter it simply leaves people to come to their own conclusions, it was his choice and he can still take all of thirty seconds to introduce himself and clear this very simple matter up, or at least comment on it. Otherwise the thought that this individual simply has something to hide and should be avoided simply because business with someone who is not even willing to be on a first name basis with their customer is not only risky, but its downright rude....

He may not be selling anything, but he has made darn sure that when he does hardly anyone will consider doing so.......

Would you give someone you dont even know a few hundred or a few thousand dollars who simply says "no, just call me Mr. X"

I think not. The intention of his site is obviously to sell animals he produces, just because there is nothing listed currently does not mean this inquiry is in any poor taste. It is just that, an inquiry, and since he refuses to comment on this simple situation he leave people no other choice than to decide for themselves. To me this situation is quite easy to address, all I see is someone with some privacy concerns wanting to "eat his cake too"...

Cant have both, if you're selling you must provide your customers with simple contact information. Keeping such information so shielded leads folks to believe that the person is hiding something, and now I am very interested to see what is worth hiding at such an expense to his reputation before it even had a chance to resolve! We shall see I guess......

*shrug*

Old 12-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #24
jasballs
Quote:
Cant have both, if you're selling you must provide your customers with simple contact information.
OK, Whats he selling again? I must of missed it..
I've had my website for about a year. I didnt put my name or any info on it until I started selling. And yes I posted it on every site I went to..

Old 12-06-2005, 03:04 PM   #25
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
OK, Whats he selling again? I must of missed it..
I've had my website for about a year. I didnt put my name or any info on it until I started selling. And yes I posted it on every site I went to..
I think the whole point is he is using Chris' info on his site and doesnt even have the decency to tell Chris who he is. If my name was being mentioned on someone elses site I would want to know who they are! If he cant tell Chris his name than what does he have to hide?

Old 12-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #26
jasballs
Quote:
I think the whole point is he is using Chris' info on his site and doesnt even have the decency to tell Chris who he is. If my name was being mentioned on someone elses site I would want to know who they are! If he cant tell Chris his name than what does he have to hide?
Then Chris should have posted this.. Or told him no..

Old 12-06-2005, 03:20 PM   #27
Chris@TSE
no, has nothing to do with that. I let him use the info, then matt brought up some very valid points and when I contacted him to clear some of this up, casught him in an untruth and decided to ask him to remove such information. the inquiry was matts....

Old 12-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #28
Ghi Reptiles
Actually guys....my initial post was an inquiry because I have been to the site where there is a Paypal account that you can either pay for something or 'donate' money. At least the link says visa/mastercard, and donate. I have seen this person for sometime now on various sites and I simply asked his/her name but to no avail. So upon viewing their site there is no contact info what so ever. They even say call us but there is no phone number. Not a huge deal but was wondering if anyone actually knew this mystery person.

And are you telling me that with all of the links on their site that nobody has even a first name of them?

You would think that if someone wants your money whether it is a donation or a sale that they would be curteous to give you something more than a website title.....but I could be wrong.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #29
shrap
So basically this person has no ads running anywhere, is not selling anything, is not offering any animals for sale to anyone, is not in a potential deal with anyone..... yet you people are on here questioning this persons character on the basis of pure personal speculation?

This is the type of crap that takes credibility away from the BOI. The day this guy is offering stuff for sale or is in the midst of a deal with someone and THEN refuses to give any personal info to prospective buyers then you have a reason to raise red flags. Until then it is nothing more than an unfounded witch hunt. Sad.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #30
jasballs
Quote:
So basically this person has no ads running anywhere, is not selling anything, is not offering any animals for sale to anyone, is not in a potential deal with anyone..... yet you people are on here questioning this persons character on the basis of pure personal speculation?
Thats what I was just going to say.. LOL. But really guys I did the same thing. I think he wants to get his name out there before he starts producing stuff to sell. Not a bad Idea. Just Lay back remember his name and when he does something wrong, Go get him!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!