INQUIRY - snowballsballpythons.com - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:34 PM   #81
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
It would have been nice if Matt had at least said that he had a suspicion that "snowballs" might be Tim B
yes, and if he had he would have been blasted for not having proof and making accusations.........

either way it was a lose lose situation and people were bound to pull the usual BS, I think I would have rather caught flack for an inquiry rather than a unsubstantiated accusation myself.......

at least this way nothing was said until it could be proven, and it was brought to light once there was proof

Old 12-07-2005, 06:37 PM   #82
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Quite honestly, in my opinion, if Matt had accused the owner of that site for being who he thought it was, he could have come out of this with major egg on his face if it turned out not to be the case. Even so, before stronger evidence had been presented, he probably would have been accused of crying "wolf" and seeing boogie men under the bed. Also, those suspicions may very well have flavored the responses with the assumption that the accusation were in fact true. Sometimes the suggestion of an opinion when asking for opinions greatly influences the types of opinions you will receive.

amen, like I said previously, i would have rather caught flack for the initial inquiry as was done here than get crap for making an accusation before it could be proven. sure he could have had his suspicions, but why the hell share them and catch crap from you guys if he couldnt prove it. either way the same people would have been giving him crap for one or the other, he chose the lesser of two evils, god bless him!

thankfully it turned out good in the end...... and he chose the path with the least resistance. amen!

Old 12-07-2005, 08:09 PM   #83
jasballs
Quote:
i must have missed the memo where people were required to contact other members of the forums with gossip or unproven suspicions so those others can avoid making themselves look like asses when threads took a surprising turn. i need to get me a new secretary darnit! lol
Hey, atleast some of us need a thread to take a surprising turn. To look like an ass! Unlike some.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #84
Bill & Amy
I see he is in no hurry to take Chris' info off of his site. I wonder how many other people listed on his site have no idea who is actually running it and do they know his track record?

Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #85
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Hey, atleast some of us need a thread to take a surprising turn. To look like an ass! Unlike some.
Sounds like someone took a personal offence to that.......

Go figure....

Old 12-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #86
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
I see he is in no hurry to take Chris' info off of his site. I wonder how many other people listed on his site have no idea who is actually running it and do they know his track record?
Does not surprise me at all. But he was in such a rush to remove the guestbook that was up long after I requested he remove our information.

That's okay, it can be dealt with........

Old 12-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #87
nicolai
Chris, I noticed that your shipping instructions and your company logo are still up on the site. Are you going to notify the host that you wanted it removed?

I also noticed he put your name down the bottom to give people the impression that you guys are friends or something of the kind.

Quote from his site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowballs Ball Pythons
Thanks Chris Johnson of TSE for allowing us to share your post on shipping basics for reptiles.

Also noticed that he indeed intends on selling soon.

Quote from his site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowballs Ball Pythons
This is the industry standards and we are proud to say that this is what you can expect when purchasing from us.
;

Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 PM   #88
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
I see he is in no hurry to take Chris' info off of his site.
Well I can tell you that Tony Nicoli has a real cool picture of a baby emerald and Tim asked Tony if he could use the picture and Tony agreed (from what Tim said but Tony said he remembers nothing like that). Well after Tim started getting caught doing things wrong a couple of years ago, Tony wasn't thrilled about Tim having his picture on his website. So I told Bowles that Tony didn't want him using it anymore and Bowles told me that Tony could screw off because he agreed by e-mail that Tim could use it. So it instantly became either Tim's avatar or personal photo on just about every forum out there just to rattle Tony and he said Tony couldn't do a thing about it since he had written permission to use it. Tony being the more mature of the two just blew it off and figured that Bowles didn't have any pictures as nice so he let it slide.

This is the mentality of this guy though...

Old 12-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #89
Ghi Reptiles
BTW....great tutelage on the shipping Chris.

When Bowles scammed me for the $2,500.00 this is what the actual shipping box looked like:

Nothing like you have there Chris...there was no care in packing and in the middle of July...maybe 4 pinholes in a brown box with nothing marked on it anywhere that said there was anything alive in it. I think he hoped the animal would be DOA.

Hopefully if he does ever get the chance to sell reptiles again he will change his packing and his husbandry methods.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #90
The BoidSmith
He is accepting deposits, thus he is selling...

His available offspring page states “eggs hatching soon”. Not “future projects” or “inquire for availability” or nothing of the sort. That statement clearly implies that there are eggs and are currently under incubation.

Then in his TOS: • Advanced reservations are accepted with a 25% non-refundable deposit.

The previous statement clearly states he is accepting money in advance. Thus he is currently selling. Has he received payment? We don’t know yet.

Finally the fine print ("frosting on the cake"):

Quote:
• By purchasing an animal from us you completely agree to these terms and conditions and forfeit any right to pursue a cash refund.
• Terms are subject to change without public notice. All terms at the time of sale will be on your photo imprinted receipt.
Why writing TOS in a page when they can be changed at will right before shipping your animal? You will learn about the “new” TOS once you receive your animal. Really reassuring…

Regards

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!